arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Welcome to My Blog (Ten Years Later)



Today marks the 10th anniversary of Arteejee, a blog dedicated to random satirical musings of the world at large. Also today marks my resolution to return to my frequency of writing two entries a week. I believe that was my average at my peak, but I have no idea when that peak happened or was climbed and conquered. No matter, it’s all in the past.

I can’t explain the reasons for my decreased output. Oh, I’ve blamed my absent muses on several occasions, but this is not telling the whole story. Truth be told, I believe that my disgruntled - yes, disgruntled - muses have left me for what they to believe to be the more lucrative position of writing one liners for Herr Donald.

Fine, muses, god speed and all those noble farewell wishes. Go see what kind of health plan the Donald will offer you. Oh, and free hair transplants don’t count as a benefit.

It was on this site 10 years ago when I introduced myself to the blogisphere. At that time, Warrior Queen and I had two cats (who have both crossed the Rainbow Bridge), now replaced by three other cats. I had three commenters for that first entry; two from my mother (who has also crossed over with our dearly departed felines) and somebody named, “The Republican”. He or she kvetched about paying “$3.99 for a tube of toothpaste at Ralph’s when I can get it for $1.76 at Walmart”. Oddly, my first entry did not mention toothpaste, Ralph’s, or Walmart. 
 
WTF?

Yes, the blogisphere can attract the random loony as well as the thoughtful blog reader. So let it be written, so let it be debated and pummeled into an unrecognizable mass of bloodied pulp. 
    
For those of you coming into my blog late, I should elaborate that the aforementioned Warrior Queen is the Arteejee editorial staff. She also has her own blog where she posts her random thoughts of crankiness, and invites you to dance once a week. I never considered myself an adequate dancer even in my undergraduate days when I appeared in the college community annual productions of Rogers and Hammerstein shows. So no dancing here!

There, Warrior Queen is cranky. Here, I am grouchy. Read both blogs and you will get to know, nay, appreciate the difference.

I am also prone to being long-winded, but not always precise. I try for 7 to 11 paragraphs. Sometimes my pieces are longer - I won’t cut off the thought just because I am at the end of paragraph 11 - and sometimes abbreviated. Whatever! I get my ideas down in words, run them up the flagpole, and see if anyone salutes.

So I will be here. Feel free to let me know you’re out there. Don’t feel obligated to salute. I know that not all of my ideas are winners, or not necessarily grammatically correct.
  
I let my editor correct the mistakes. That’s why I employ her as editor. No pay (another complaint aired by my former muses), but she is on my health plan.

Sadly, hair plugs are still not covered. 
  
Oh, by the way, welcome to paragraph 11. 

(Thank you for reading, PS to The Republican: shop Weis Market for the latest deals on toothpaste!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Raybeard said...

Well I, for one, am out here - albeit a llooonnnggg way away. But you already knew that.
Congrats on the occasion. It's nice to know someone who, in this respect at least, is even older than I am - though actually the majority of the bloggers I follow are likewise.
Looking forward to your twice-weekly report, lightening the drudgeries. I'll let you know if they don't jump the hurdle.

January 9, 2016 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Fearsome Beard said...

Happy Blogiversary!
I think we have a very interesting year ahead, disturbing absolutely most possibly..... definitely interesting. Look forward to your twice weekly musings about things "interesting".

January 9, 2016 at 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even know what a blog was ten years ago, much less start to write one. I have mucho respect for those that have the creativity and discipline to maintain one on any sort of semi-regular basis.

Congratulations on the 10 years and may you have 20 more!

~ Freckles

January 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Janey said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your ten-year anniversary of blogging!

I must say that I had noticed a decline in your output, but I know that writing is work; I also recognize your advanced age (one month older than I am!) and health concerns. Therefore, I am so pleased that you are recommitting to your twice-weekly postings, for yours is a voice that needs to be heard.

If WQ is cranky, and you are grouchy, may I be bitchy? :-)

Love, Janey

January 10, 2016 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you all for your well wishes for the future.

Janey, you should know better. You don't need to ask permission. You can be whatever you want to be...and your comments are always appreciated.

January 10, 2016 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I too want to join the conga line of congratulations.
may there be ten years more and then some.

January 12, 2016 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Spo, for your well wishes.

January 16, 2016 at 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home