arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, March 26, 2010

And The Next Line Is...

I had an attack of the “sillies” recently, or what I’ll define as that irresistible feeling of doing something amusing that in the end doesn’t amount to much except, perhaps, make people smile. There’s nothing heavy here today, but this is something I had to get out of my system. In any case, here are some of my answers/additions/responses to some famous phrases from history and the arts.

“I’ve been to the mountain top...” “...and boy, am I tired!

“To be or not to be...” “...or am I over thinking this!

“I coulda been a contender...” “...I coulda got a liberal arts education and gotta a job as a greeter at Wal-Mart!

“Ask not what your country can do for you...” “...but ask how much this will cost me!

“Today is the first day of the rest of your life...” “...and admit that all your yesterdays were pieces of crap!

“Smile and the whole world smiles with you...” “...but as soon as you screw up we’ll laugh our asses off!"

“Falling in love with you will (expletive) up my plans for becoming President...” “...not to mention making me look like a major dickhead in the history books!

“We’ll always have Paris...” “...because last night you weren’t that great. I don’t know what the hell I ever saw in you!

"The only thing we have to fear...” “...is hearing these words on January 20, 2013: ‘I, Sarah Palin, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of the President of the United States...'”

Okay, so it turned from silly to becoming downright ugly in the end, but you get the idea.

(Thank you for reading. Please remember…that sometimes there’s not much to say on the other side of an ellipses.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home