arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, August 09, 2020

Sunday Morning Post (V.2, #31) - Beautiful Sunday


This will be a short one. It is a beautiful day here, but I am feeling lousy.  I am feeling the onset of my annual August cold.  Will go back to bed shortly.

In the meantime, here is a video of one of my favorite songs from the 60s British Invasion.   It seems to sum up our national leadership’s attitudes to all of our problems: pandemic, economic disaster, racial unrest…

This might as well be the theme song for their re-election campaign.


(Thank you for reading.   Stay safe and well, everyone!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Deedles said...

This song is much too pretty to be attached to garbage!

August 9, 2020 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Feel better, sir!

August 9, 2020 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Hi Deedles. You're right. It is a very pretty song, but I couldn't resist using it as an statement for the lack of empathy we as a people are getting from our leaders.

Thank you for the good wishes, Bob.

August 9, 2020 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

Hope you feel better soon! Drink OJ by the gallon!

August 9, 2020 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

summer colds are no fun; get well soon.

August 9, 2020 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Summer colds are the WORST! I hope it passes soon and you will feel better again.

August 10, 2020 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Dave R, for your advice.

Thank you, Spo for your well wishes.

Hi Debra. I couldn't agree more about summer colds. I am working on my recovery.

August 11, 2020 at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home