arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Sunday Morning Post (V.2, #25) – End of the Month Satirical Clearance, Clarence


This week, a modified version of what I used to label Snort Bites when I could muster up at least one paragraph on a minimum of three unrelated topics, but not enough to fill my customary 7-11 paragraph entry. 
 

TOO WHITE-COLLAR FOR X, TOO BLUE-COLLAR FOR Y


This may turn out to be the beginning of an intermittent series of lists in which I contemplate my attitudes towards certain things and thus settle into a niche somewhere in the societal hierarchy.  We hear all the time about blue-collar workers and white-collar workers, the difference between those who roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to put food on the table, and those sophisticated individuals who dirty their hands through other means.


Kids, google “exploitation of the workers” for more information about the white-collar place in the hierarchy, but I digress.


This may be our shared attitudes towards stereotypes talking, but there are more differences between the color of our collars then meets the eye.  Each group has a set of values and beliefs which I reckon are hard wired into each individual.  I like to think I’m in the middle between these two value systems. I have a little of both: raised in a blue-collar middle-class household, but possessing a college degree which enabled me to acquire a modicum (i.e., not much) of intellectualism.


For example, I have determined that I am too white-collar for country and western music, but I am too blue-collar to really appreciate opera.  (Apologies to Spo.)


I am also too white-collar for Thunderbird, but too blue-collar for snobbish high end, out of my middle-class pay scale, sipping whisky.  (Again, apologies to Spo.)


That’s a good start for this list.  Do any readers have any thoughts on their relationship between white and blue collars?


ANNOYING HABITS OF THE PRESIDENT


I really shouldn’t care about the President peccadillos, but I just have to spout off about some things about him that really annoy me. 


First annoying habit: constantly displaying his ignorance of the American Constitution and democracy.


Second annoying habit: when he steps up to the lectern to speak to his subjects (I am not one of them), he has to adjust the microphone which is in a perfectly good position in the first place.  Yo, Mr. President, stop playing with the microphone like it’s your dick!  If only the microphone could sprout arms and fists to fight back.  


Again, readers, please feel free to chime in with any Presidental habits which annoy the crap out of you.


POLL AFTER POLL SHOWS JOE BIDEN WITH A DOUBLE-DIGIT LEAD OVER PRESIDENT PLAYS-WITH-DICK


I am heartened by the news that our former Vice President is showing strong numbers going into the Democratic National Convention, which is wisely being done virtually due to the pandemic.  If memory serves me correctly, Hillary Clinton was enjoying a similar lead over The Donald in the summer of 2016 and she ended up losing anyway.


Then the Access Hollywood tape surfaced which showed The Donald bragging about his ability to treat women — live, breathing women with souls — like they were nothing more than a play thing to be grabbed, used and thrown over his shoulder when he finished playing with them.  Such a revelation previously spelled the end of many (male) political careers and by all rights it should have ended The Donald’s race to the Oval Office.


And Hillary still lost…


Keep it up Uncle Joe!   You don’t far to go now!


(Thank you for reading, and as the late Michael Conrad would always say in Hill Street Blues: “Let’s be careful out there.”)

12 Comments:

Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

I am glad to see and read your still feisty and kicking friend!!!!

I really don't know if I'm blue or white collar...I suspect maybe I might be Pink collar! I may be in the middle too, thought work dress in white collar, I have no problem getting dirty and rolling sleeves up. I think good people are both. Yous good people Todd!!!

The one thing about that great ass that gets me is when he deflects a question, or will repeat the answer four times in different combinations, to make it sound like he said a lot, while it is the same 10 words and he sounds like a simpleton.

His trainers have yet learn to not let him speak.

I myself can't trust the polls. The Hillary ones were much the same before that election, showing her leading, and we know how that turned out. Just when you think he will lose, he wins.

June 28, 2020 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Deedles said...

1. I don't know what color my collar is exactly, but it could sure use some Whisk for that nasty ring.

2. President's annoying habit-still breathing.

June 28, 2020 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

I served a lot of time in the pink collar ghetto.

June 28, 2020 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

I think I might be more white collar than blue, or perhaps I just have white collar tastes??

I like Joe's lead but that doesn't mean complacency and DOES NOT MEAN EVER sitting at home on election day because you think we've got this in the bag.
VOTE!!!!!!!!!

June 28, 2020 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Opera used to be the movies of the 19th century for the Joes and working sorts

June 28, 2020 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

... ... President plays with Dick? Cheney or Nixon?

June 28, 2020 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

If Joe wins - and I yet fear it really is an 'if', especially if voter-suppression 'succeeds' in the way it could do - then what I further dread is likely to happen between Polling Day and the Inauguration. Given the fact we all know that he's not going to go quietly, he'll be so bile-full of revenge and pettiness he's going to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to spoil Biden's start-of-term - documents shredded, records tampered with, all scores settled which he'd saved up for the occasion, systems sabotaged, anything to make Biden look bad and himself exonerated, it's going to be a frightful 'legacy' he'll leave, even though from what we already know it was going to be anyway. And then there's all those more than 200 reactionary judges he's appointed for LIFE, dammit.
We have more than enough of own fair share of problems here too but I do wish in at least two respects the U.S. was following the British example - viz. all judges MUST retire at 70 - and that when our Prime Minister loses an election s/he leaves Downing Street on that very same day the result is announced, the winner taking over immediately. No time to do much mischief.

Prolonged scary times over the next few months at least, I fear

June 29, 2020 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger Travel said...

White collar, blue collar. I don't need my bags carried to my room at the hotel, yet I like really nice hotel rooms. I have difficulty asking others to do things I can do myself, I have never had an assistant or secretary - but I do practice a regulated profession.

The twittler's most annoying habits include lying, entertaining his followers instead of providing leadership. Being a racist, sexist, very unstable idiot. I don't really care for him.

June 29, 2020 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Mistress. I like to believe I am in the middle of the road.

Hi Deedles. Warrior Queen would agree with you on the President's annoying habit.

Pink is good for a short time, Debra.

Hi Bob. No we won't be complacent because of the polls.

Good point, Spo. I guess later we got hooked on various sports.

Hi Travel. I have the same feelings about doing things for myself. I've always thought that I feel this way due to some deep seated urge to prove myself over and over.

Hi Dave R. I would guess he would go for whatever dick dazzles his small brain at that moment.

Thank you Raybeard. Yes, the next few months will be interesting and frightful. It's good to have you along for the ride.

June 30, 2020 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

It's my DUTY to be there with you and all sensible Americans, RTG - and offer comfort should it be needed, as well it may well do. What happens in Nov is going to affect the entire world - as the last four years have, only moreso if there's yet another dire term of the current insanity to come.

June 30, 2020 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Moving with Mitchell said...

Presidential habits that annoy the crap out of me? He breathes.

July 2, 2020 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Hi Mitchell! We agree on this point.

July 4, 2020 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home