arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, March 17, 2008

Deep Thoughts

Once in a great while, I will get bored with the Bush-bashing tone of my blog writings and attempt to probe deeper into the human condition. I don’t know how I get these profound thoughts. Sometimes I will be inspired by the sights and sounds around me.

Other times the thoughts are triggered by unusual events, such as when, a few weeks ago, I found that my car was sliding all over a snow covered road, and another car was heading straight for me with no indication that it would slow down at all. It is times like this when I reach deep into my own life experiences and cry...I mean, cry out for the strength to overcome this latest dilemma. Then, when all else fails, I will close my eyes to the disaster that’s about to overcome me.

Now that I think about that, closing one’s eyes to disaster has probably been the credo for the Bush Administration since Day One. Oh, I’m so sorry! I really hoped to get through one blog entry without a derogatory statement about the President. Oh well, hold that thought. Herewith are my latest deep thoughts:

I hear calls for change and I think, ‘Yes, why not?’

Then I see peace and beauty in the world around me, and I think, ‘Yes, this can happen everyday.’

Then I see a Kerry-Edwards bumper sticker in a pristine condition on a car like it was still 2004 and I think, ‘Damn you, Ralph Nader.’

Okay, sorry. That wasn’t quite as profound as I originally thought. Perhaps my second one will be better. It’s short and sweet like the fortune found inside a Chinese fortune cookie. This was the thought that came to me when I straightened my car out in the snow storm, drove out of the path of the oncoming traffic, returned home and called in to work for an emergency vacation day.

“Life happens once; use it wisely.”

I will just leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home