arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014



It has not been a good week - again. No one believes justice has been served in Missouri, and Bill Cosby will just have to lay low for awhile (he should probably contemplate hibernating for the winter), but it is ending in a nice way with two days away and a chance to get together with loved ones.

So thank you for the job, the continuing opportunity to serve those in need of our assistance.

Thank you for the house we live in, and thanks to the three cats who graciously allow us to live with them.

Thank you for the chance to get away, relax, eat, drink, and eat some more.

Thank you for the person who chose to share her life with me much more graciously than the cats.

And, in the words of the late Percy Kilbride who bowed his head over a bountiful feast in The Egg and I: “Much obliged, lord!”*

*I could not find a clip of this scene on YouTube, otherwise that would be here in this spot!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

(And, oh yes, thank you for reading!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Anne Marie and the kitties!

November 26, 2014 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Best wishes from me too, to all the five of you.

November 27, 2014 at 2:14 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I am thankful for knowing you two.

November 27, 2014 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger David Jeffreys said...

A blessed Thanksgiving to you and Anne Marie -- so thankful to have you as friends!

November 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Happy belated T-Day to you and AM!

November 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you all for your wishes. I'm also thankful to have all of you as friends!

November 29, 2014 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Harpers Keeper said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you both. Thanks too for the The Egg and I reference. It brought a smile to my face. Whenever I see or hear his name I can hear his voice so clearly saying one of two things; "Much obliged, Lord" or "Gonna have to fix that one of these days".

December 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Harper's Keeper for your Percy Kilbride memories. I finds myself saying the same thing as I walk around the house.

December 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home