arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, February 08, 2016

Me Happy?



Recently, Warrior Queen noticed something different about my demeanor.  She said that I appear to be more relaxed than I have been in the past.  She has even dared to say that I…are you all sitting down for this, readers…happy!   She actually used the word “happy” and my name in the context of the same thought.

Truth be told, I have been feeling more carefree; my overall mood has been lighter since 2015 ended.  One reason for my mood enhancement could be that I had been working for a very complicated, work intensive, difficult client for the last four years or so. That client terminated their contract with my company as the curtain rang down 2015.  My company, which had been losing money servicing this client, was relieved that they had decided not to renew.

I can’t think of any other event which could have lifted my spirits, and no, spirits themselves have not been involved in my overall outlook on my existence.  So I will accept the reasoning that the adjustment to my tasks at work is making me more cheerful. 

Today I am starting a mid-winter vacation. The day has already begun with momentous news. My number was picked out of a Viking hat at Spo Reflections for a handmade Hawaiian shirt!  I’ve always wanted a Spo shirt and I was happy to hear the news from Warrior Queen, who viewed the video on Spo Reflections and screamed for joy!  And that’s how I found out that I was a winner.

I have nothing elaborate planned for the week. We were hoping to go to Rehoboth Beach for the Valentine’s Day weekend.  Now that won’t happen because the forecast temperatures (as of today) will prove to be too low for Warrior Queen to be out and about gallivanting around beautiful, downtown Rehoboth.   So we may end up having a nice quiet Valentine’s Day at home.

Otherwise it will be a staycation, organizing and cleaning my room (a constant struggle since childhood), inventory four more boxes of my mother’s Christian Science books, see at least one movie (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), and any other project that happens to cross my horizon.  And the week will end and most of what I set out to do will not get done.

But at least I’ll be happy!

(Thank you for reading.  Carolina lost the Super Bowl!  Drat!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

it all sounds jolly !

Tell me if you run across "The Scientific Statement of Being"

February 8, 2016 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

I was half-expecting you to have loaded a video of a certain Pharrel Williams ditty here. Perhaps you're too busy humming, whistling or even singing it! :-)

February 9, 2016 at 3:42 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Run across it? Spo, the Scientific Statement of Being is tattooed on my brain from hearing it every week for 17 years! How many copies can I put you down for?

Dear Raybeard, thanks for the comment. i am embarrassed to say that I did not get the reference. Warrior Queen had to tell me about it. She is so much more hip than I am!

February 9, 2016 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Happy is good.

February 9, 2016 at 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Janey said...

Congrats on finding happiness! :-)

I occasionally have moments of true joy, usually related to nature, horticulture, or just a beaming moment of satisfaction. But then I go back to being a bitch...

Janey

February 9, 2016 at 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bottle up some of that happy-happy juice and sell it!

~ Freckles

February 10, 2016 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Fearsome Beard said...

Congratulations on your Spo Shirt!
Happy isn't a bad thing, I think yous might enjoy it.

February 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Bob. I know happy is good, but I'm not used to it.

Thank you for your comment, Janey. There is a nice counter-balance to being bitchy.

Hi Freckles, if it were only that easy....

Thank you Fearsome Beard for your good wishes.

February 12, 2016 at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home