arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Of Botany and Karma




First of all, dear readers, please look at the photo below.  Let me know if this plant now in my side yard is a weed or a legitimate form of flowering vegetation. Will it look pretty in a few days/weeks, or will it develop a mouth and digestive system which could swallow me whole if I got too close?*






If it is a weed I may endeavor to climb up the west face of my yard and hack it down.  I’m not exaggerating the danger for the sake of satire.

Weeding this plant will prove to be an adventure since my yard is on a slope and my gait is unsteady on level ground let alone a slope.  Remember readers, I broke my wrist when I fell from my yard last year.  


Now from botany we switch to an international application of karma.


Remember last year when the current president begged Russia to release the e-mails missing from Hillary Clinton’s server?  Good news, Mr. President, we found an e-mail!   Bad news, Mr. President, it’s not from or to Hillary, but it’s from your own son (Junior).  More bad news, Mr. President, the e-mail strongly suggests that Junior did in fact do something which you and your administration minions have strongly denied since you took office: colluded/schmoozed or otherwise canoodled with the Russians.


Oh boy!  It’s this type of news which warms the cockles of a liberal bleeding heart!


This story is still in its early stages, so this is one of those stay tuned for more developments narrative.   I dare say that we are easily a year-and-a-half away from any sort of impeachment proceedings, if it comes to that.  I have mixed feeling about it going this route.   I remember the Clinton impeachment seemed to be a long and convoluted affair—almost as long as the O.J. Simpson trial-- which distracted the country from more important things like Osama Bin Laden.  And we all remember what Bin Laden was planning for us?  


The whole Clinton impeachment was a national trauma from start to finish. I’m not eager to repeat it so soon. On the other hand even in his most arrogant days Clinton could not compare to the hubris which we have seen from the current President.  And if he is thrown then we are stuck with Pence in the Oval Office.  


As another fellow blogger is wont to say, “Oh the pain!”


*I would actually welcome this given the sucky summer I am having.


(Thank you for reading.  Give me e-mails or give me death by plant digestion.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Raybeard said...

RRG, I'm not qualified to say that you WON'T be devoured by carnivorous foliage. In your place I'd be making preparations that it might well happen. Better safe that sorry! And for Pete's sake don't let any pussies get within its licking range!

As for this e-mail business, aside from members of the nation's Number One Family I'm concerned how the lovely Kellyanne will now cope with explaining away Donnie T.Jnr's "Love it!" reaction when she was so adamant that no such meeting ever took place - or has she already brought out her 'alternative facts' excuse yet again?
While, yes, that creepy Pence fella must have already started rearranging the furniture in feng shui fashion - or maybe that is considered too un-Christianly pagan?

July 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

I'd stay away from the "plant" and the "_____."

July 16, 2017 at 5:19 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

This past week the lovely Kellyanne resorted to flash cards with words like "confusion" and "collusion" et al. All of these grown-ups are acting like children, and badly behaved ones at that. Sad! Thank you, Raybeard.

Thank you for the advice, Bob.

July 16, 2017 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Thank you for the shout out

Not only are those weeds, they are worse : juvenile Triffids
Take cover you fool or at least set fire to everything.

July 22, 2017 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Eek!

July 25, 2017 at 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog,
I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density,
which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.

บอลพรุ่งนี้

August 7, 2017 at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home