arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sunday Moring Post (V.2, #36) – Satire From The Experts

I will be taking a break this week.  Yesterday I was released from what is turning out to be my annual hospital stay.  I was kept overnight for observation after having a catherization and angioplasty.  I am grateful that’s all I needed.  I dreaded the thought of being told I needed an open-heart procedure post-cath.

My exit order emphasized that I should rest.  No problem there.  I would love to comment on the President having another bad week, but that would only push my blood pressure through the roof. 

In the meantime, this “Best of” video popped out on my YouTube list.  This was satire when reality was still reality and there was a nice, clean, neat division between real life and WTF.   Please enjoy.


(Thank you for reading.  Warning:  do not imitate Maurice Chevalier at home.  Leave this to the professionals.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave R said...

Catheterization? Did you see Max? Oh, that's right, you don't live in Olde Towne (the WQ will know). The clip was great! You actually get to see all 4 of the brothers which didn't happen in many of their films.

September 13, 2020 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Take care.
Rest up.
Ignore _____.

That last one might be hard but do it!

September 13, 2020 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad you're okay and didn't need surgery! Thanks for the laffs from the Marx Brothers.

September 13, 2020 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Very best wishes for your recuperation, RTG. It'll be hard to put the news and its annoyances to one side but we're sure you'll do your best. Thinking of you - genuinely.

September 13, 2020 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Deedles said...

HUGS!

September 13, 2020 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

good luck
One of my teachers told me whenever he was taking things too seriously he would watch the Marx Brothers and he would invariably cheer up.

September 13, 2020 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Hi Dave R. No, i did not see Max. WQ was able to give me more details about ho.

Thank you, Bob. Your last suggestion will be a challenge.

You're welcome Debra. I was absolutely obsessed with the Marxes when I was a child.

Thank you Raybeard for your kind thoughts.

Thank you, Deedles. HUGS to you too!

Hi Spo. Thank you for your wishes. When I really get blue I will watch W.C. Fields' short, "The Fatal Glass of Beer."

September 14, 2020 at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home