arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, December 30, 2013

Looking Back...Glancing Forward



Once again, the year’s end is near and I can’t wait for this end to come. 2013 held such promise, but now it seems like it has been like all the other years of late: disappointing. Or perhaps that is the sinusitis (my third bout since summer) and its accompanying medications talking.

Among this year’s memories are the loss of my uncle and, three months later, my aunt. My extra-curricular volunteer activities ended this year and, for some reason, I don’t feel the ambition to try something new.

On the plus side, I am still gainfully employed and enjoying my blogging hobby. Oh, my muses will abandon me for greener pastures once in a while, but they somehow come through in time to kick my creative ass just as my admittedly self-imposed deadline closes in on me.

Also on the plus side were some new friendships made through the good graces of Anne Marie. We had two meet-ups with these friends in 2013, and we’re both looking forward to the next one in March 2014. 

I hope to God that my chronic sinusitis clears up by then!

Thanks to Spo and Someone, Cubby and Nate, and my blogger commenters Nadege, David Jeffries, Bob, and of course, Janey! You were all the highlights in a year that had lows and highs.

Here’s glancing forward and hoping for better times next year!

(Thank you for reading!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous The Fabulous New Janey 2014! said...

Yeah, RTG, it's the "medications" talking... LOL

Come on up and listen to me babble when I'm on my "medication"! :-)

I look forward to commenting on your blog throughout 2014.

Happy New Year!

December 30, 2013 at 6:30 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

This is one of my favorite stopping points on the Blogger Highway, for a chance to think and chuckle and then think some more.
Happy New Year!

December 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Highs and lows, particularly when loved ones are gone. I am lucky for your wonderful sense of humor and insights. Have a healthier new year in 2014 and a wonderful time with your friends at the Bloggerpalooza!

December 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Dear Janey, Bob and Nadege,

Thank you all for reading and chiming in with your thoughts. You're ideas are always appreciated! Hope to hear from you soon!

January 2, 2014 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home