arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, August 04, 2014

COMMERCIAL BREAK



I was going to write about hatred and intolerance and anti-this and anti-that, when my editor reminded me that we need to run a commercial once in awhile. So we now present something that I just discovered, but it’s been around the Internet since 2011. If you have seen this before, please pardon the intrusion, and enjoy again! If you have never seen this, then sit back and enjoy this finely crafted political satire!


(Thank you for watching.  We will return to our regularly scheduled snarkiness soon!)

7 Comments:

Blogger David Jeffreys said...

Now that is a commercial that I could watch over and over again!

August 4, 2014 at 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Janey Moonglow said...

OMFG! What a fabulous update of my favorite '70s era commercial jingle (one I still sing to myself whenever I am enjoying nature's splendor...)

August 4, 2014 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

I'm not sure of the background to this (or have simply forgotten), but it sure must have had bite at the time.

August 5, 2014 at 2:33 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Very good!

August 5, 2014 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

hohoho

August 6, 2014 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Than you David! I want to memorize the words and sing it at will throughout the day.

It is fabulous, isn't it, Janey!

Hi Raybeard. It's a parody of the song "I Like to Teach the World To Sing in Perfect Harmony", which Coca-Cola used to sell their product in 1971 (as per Wikipedia). I also learned that two of the song writers (Cook and Grewnaway) also wrote "Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress)" and one of my all-time facorite instrumentals, "I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman."

Thanks, Spo! Glad you enjoyed it!

August 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Hi Nadedge! I'm glad you approve!

August 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home