arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sunday Morning Post (V.1, #13) - Brianism


I am of a split mood today for what is regarded as the most religious holiday on the Christian calendar:  Easter.  Let me express the joyful side first as I wish all true believers a Happy Easter and Blessed Passover.


I would classify my beliefs as those belonging to a disgruntled Christian.  I believe in the basic philosophy of Christ’s teachings of tolerance for all and extending help to those less fortunate.  Unfortunately, the way Christianity is widely practiced in America these days by the so-called Evangelical Christians falls far short of these ideals.  This group has thrown its lot with a leader who wants to do such un-Christian-like acts as building walls and denying aid to those in true need.


Sad, very, very sad.


This is why I am more comfortable throwing my lot with Brianism.  This extremely small sub-set of religious teaching shares a few traits with Christianity.  Basically, both teach that life is brutal, is over before we know it, and we should enjoy it while we can.  Unlike Christianity, Brianism doesn’t wallow in somber music which is meant to lift up our spirits.  Instead, Brianism lifts our spirits with a tune that inspires us to whistle along.


In case you don’t know where this is heading, see below:





All together now...!


(Thank you for reading.  There, see, it’s the end of the blog...)

4 Comments:

Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahaha, one of my all-time FAVOURITE movies!

April 21, 2019 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Well I liked it.
Brianism resembles Stoicism but with better lyrics

April 21, 2019 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Debra. I was about to post the scene from the film when I stumbled upon this very nice live version.

All Hail Brian! Thank you, Spo.

April 23, 2019 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Dave R said...

Loved that movie! Loved that song! And Biranism is... spectacular.

April 24, 2019 at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home