arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, August 04, 2019

Sunday Morning Post (V1, #28): Mid-Summer Garden Harvest


I’ve had a few different ideas for a blog post this week.  This included my noticing that the President’s hair has become a brighter orange again after months of fading to an orange/white mixture. This led me to speculate which hair stylist the President uses.  I narrowed it down to two high priced coiffeurs of the stars:  Muskrat Associates of Beverly Hills, or Poached Porcupine of Pigeon Forge (with apologies to Dolly Parton).

Or what about recent events: we’ve had two, TWO, mass shootings in the United States in the last 24 hours!  Ugh!  Too morbid and morose for satire.  This writer is actually exhausted from approaching the subject with any sort of detachment.  I can’t even get angry about this situation anymore.  No anger, just depressed resignation.

Or there was the series finale of my favorite television series this week: Archer.  After 10 years, the animated series that perforated more than a few holes into the whole James Bond super spy mythology ended with (spoiler alert) our hero awakening from a three-year coma, only to find the most important person in his life waiting at his bedside: his alcoholic mother, Mallory.  In this respect, the series came full circle from the first scene of the first episode which showed Mallory supervising Archer enduring a torture training exercise.  Her enjoyment of her son’s pain set the tone of their relationship for the rest of the series…but, I’m getting ahead of myself.  I should write a review of the whole series sometime in the near future.  I will save the rest for later.

For today, I will brag about the harvest of my garden vegetables which are now coming in for the season.  Warrior Queen has graciously photographed this week’s bounty:  a few tomatoes, 29 cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers the size of a small squash.  Yes, those are indeed cucumbers.   WQ will most likely take these two into her work. I will keep a smaller one for my salads this week.






In any event, please have a nice week.  Life has got to get better at some point.

(Thank you for reading and remember…um, damn!  I had something for this!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Old Lurker said...

Since the police shot down the garlic festival shooter, I am pretty sure our friends at the NRA are spinning the first shooting as "we are protected from bad people with guns by good people with more guns". But I am a bit too nauseated to go through the press releases. Clearly the next step in making us all safer is to arm the Walmart greeters.

Be sure to post as many pictures of delicious homegrown tomatoes as possible for Dr Spo to see. You can also FaceTime him and offer footage of yourself and Warrior Queen eating delicious homegrown tomatoes with relish.

August 4, 2019 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger anne marie in philly said...

@old lurker - don't hold your breath watching for me to eat a tomato. SLIMY GROSS THINGS! mind, I like ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato soup, but NEVER a raw tomato!

August 4, 2019 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

Okay, so I have to ask, how did you get one to have that nice flesh tone?... Sorry, all I managed this year were 3 butternut squash and one is only 3 inches long.

August 5, 2019 at 5:09 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Old Lurker. As you can tell from WQ's answer I get to have the tomatoes all to myself.

I don't really know, Dave. R. That one might have been at the back of the garden, shielded from the sun.

August 5, 2019 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Never mind the politics. The tomatoes are the best of the entry!

August 6, 2019 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Spo. I'm on track to have a great crop this year.

August 7, 2019 at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home