arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, September 01, 2019

Sunday Morning Post (V.1, #32): Write My Blog


Hey blog readers, it’s a holiday weekend and I got nuttin to write and very little time to write about nuttin.   I know I could write on one of my usual themes, such as: The President is a jerk/moron/imbecile/spoiled rotten brat of a leader.   That is always tempting. 

Perhaps I could challenge you, my loyal readers, to share your thoughts on this theme.  I usually do 7-11 paragraphs for each entry, but don’t let size intimidate you.  On second thought you probably have better things to do too!

If this does not move you, perhaps this little fun factoid will stir the brain:  Warrior Queen became eligible for Medicare today!   Holy quasi-socialized medicine, Batman!

If I didn’t have anything better to do today, I would find a lovely grassy knoll somewhere here in America* and curl up with a good book, say the Robert Mueller Report, Chapter Two.  Ah yes, nothing like juicy episodes of obstruction of justice being perpetuated by our nation’s leaders to bring me down from this giddiness I am feeling today.

I have little time to post today since Warrior Queen and I are meeting a blogger friend downtown for brunch.   So, yes, I do have something better to do.  Suddenly the grassy knoll idea doesn’t sound enticing.

Or you could just view this peppy little video from a decade or two ago.  As usual the editorial staff and I wrestled with our final choice.  This video won out over Come Dancing and I Was Kaiser Bill’s Batman.  Naturally, anything by Abba was not even considered!


*We all know there is only ONE grassy knoll pertinent to American history.  Yes, I’m talking about that one.

(Thank you for reading.  Hope everyone had a good summer.)

10 Comments:

Blogger Raybeard said...

Did a certain Mr T. Cruz ever voice thoughts about the 'grassy knoll'? Just wondering - but I digress.

We're in an horrific state of flux here politically, with Prime Minister BoJo hell-bent on delivering his Brexit by Hallowe'en, do or die, with or without a deal with the European Union - he having suspended Parliament for 5 weeks from mid-this month up to mid-Oct, making it that much harder for him to be stopped. His 'clever' ploy must be giving BLOTUS (and Bojo admirer - reciprocated) ideas - just send them home so they don't get in the way of his intentions!
Meanwhile BLOTUS must be rubbing his miniature-sized hands in glee at the prospect of the U.K. (what happened to 'England'?) being on the back foot and desperately needing to conclude a deal, ANY deal - and on YOUR terms - to fill in the mighty gap that'll be left when Europe becomes 'alien' to us. We're going to be putty in those tiny mitts. (And when can we kiss your fat arse, Mr President?) One half of this country has sunk into deep depression, the other lot thinks that Nirvana's just round the corner - and Britannia will once again rule the waves! And I feel seriously SICK!!!

But 'nuff about us and our woes.

I didn't know this Maverick's toon, and a gentle toe-tapping ditty it is too, rather belying the lyrics.
Incidentally, your mentioning of 'I was Kaiser Bill's Batman' (which I well remember, it having been a fair sized hit here in 1967 - #4) got me to looking for a video of it on YouTube - and, curiously, found there what purported to be a version by none other than that Xtian-crazed superstar of old, one Pat Boone. I don't know if it was a spoof (it's not quite the same version as 'Whistling Jack Smith)' so if it really is Boone doing the whistling......well, who knows?

Anyway, this comment of mine has rather moved away from the mood of your original posting, but I trust that its discursive nature didn't deter you from reading it. :-)

September 1, 2019 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

I boogied along with that music! Congrats to the Warrior Queen and enjoy your brunch!

September 1, 2019 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Yes, remiss of me, but well-achieved on 'qualifying' to W.Q.!

September 1, 2019 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Travel said...

Thanks for a fun time, it was great seeing the two of you. Take care, get the running gear replaced soon.

September 1, 2019 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

I'd have had brunch and then rolled down the grassy down.

And congrats on the socialized medicine, AM! =)

September 1, 2019 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

That song is and was great.

Congrats to the Warrior Queen on achieving socialized medical status... I'd have told you to congratulate the WC but I happen to know her name is not Lou.

September 1, 2019 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

does one roll down this grassy knoll?

September 1, 2019 at 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Old Lurker said...

I am surprised you did not write a eulogy for David Koch: a great American who worked hard, pulled himself up by his bootstraps, built a great American company that powered American industry, and then used his deserved wealth for philanthropy, funding causes he believed in with all his heart. A great American, David Koch was, and a shining example of how we should all lead our lives.

September 2, 2019 at 5:18 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Raybeard for your comments, I tune out Mr. Cruz. I feel badly for your being stuck with Boris and his attempts to circumvent the law.Our President is essentially resorting to the same tactics.

I could not never find a copy of "Kaiser Bill" until I drove three hours from upstate PA to a record shop in Philly. The single is one of my prized possessions of my collection. Yes, I saw the Pat Boone version listed on Youtube, but I haven't had the courage to play it yet.

******

Thank you, Debra. We got to meet the group after one of their concerts at Wolf Trap. Very nice people as I recall.

It was great seeing you again, Travel.

Okay Bob, but remember to wait 30 minutes after you eat before you roll.

Thank you Dave. I see what you did there! Clever!

If the spirit moves you. Spo, then yes you can roll down the grassy knoll. Just be mindful that there is a busy highway at the bottom. We mustn't roll in to traffic....

I O have mixed feelings about Mr. Koch, Old Lurker. Yes, he was very good with his philanthropy, but he also funded the Tea Party movement in this country and numerous conservative politicians. I got the impression that he did not back gay marriage, and he opposed the ACA. This may sound cruel, but I won't miss him.

September 2, 2019 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Peter parker said...

Unable to execute the recovery process of passwords for the Binance account.
Having trouble in recovering the password of the Binance account? Password errors are the most common one and users usually get into them. If you are having trouble in recovering the password and looking for assistance, you can always contact the team who is there to guide you. You can contact the team anytime and get solutions that are easy to execute. Feel free to get in touch with the team who is always there to support you. Call on Binance support number which is always functional and users can talk to the team anytime to avail quality results in no time.

November 11, 2019 at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home