arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sunday Morning Post (V.2, #23) - The Weekend To-Do List


Many of us concoct a set of tasks to do within a certain time period. Most of us write these lists as a set of reminders.  This week’s to-do list was actually composed yesterday. Herewith a peek at my set of tasks for this weekend along with a progress report.

Write to do list.

Pending. I realize that this might be considered cheating, but crossing this off my list will be good for my psychological well-being.  It gives me a sense of accomplishing something useful.  Actually, making a to-do list is an ongoing project with me.  As I finish one goal, I think of other things which need to be done and I had those to the list.  Okay, if you consider the inclusion of this task a form of cheating, then please feel free to report me to the National Council of To-Do Lists.

Arrange pills for the week.

Pending.  This is a tedious Sunday morning ritual of arranging my 20 medications in a day-designated pill container.

Feed/water vegetables.

Pending. Today my tomato and cucumber plants will get their weekly dose of Miracle Gro.

Weed garden.

Pending and will be done sometime this afternoon, when I am outside doing task #3.

Balance checkbook.

Completed.

Kitchen related projects.

Pending.  A few cooking projects for meals throughout the week: turkey vegetable soup, cole slaw or macaroni salad will be made.  Unless my energy crashes and I take a two-hour nap.  If the latter happens then I will have leftovers for lunches.

Slice bagels purchased at the grocery store yesterday. 

Completed.  Best done the same day they are brought home when they are still soft.  Once they harden, it is best to use a chain saw to slice them for toasting.

Wish President Dump Happy Birthday in this week’s blog entry. 

Yeah right!  What am I thinking? This will never ever happen here. 

Bore wife with details about the Star Wars film(s) broadcast this weekend on cable television. 

Warrior Queen never caught the Star Wars bug and I don’t believe she has ever seen one frame of any of the 900 or so films in the series.  I can’t even get a rise out of her when I say things like, “Jar Jar Binks?  Seriously?  What was George Lucas thinking?” 

Compose blog entry. 

Pending and nearly done.

And that is it for this weekend.

(Thank you for reading.  Task #9 completed for those of you playing along at home.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Hot guys said...

Agreed, lists are important and it's just so much easier with 'em. 👌🏻

And LOL at the last line (#9). 😜

June 14, 2020 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Lots pending.

And _____ has a birthday?Is Satan throwing a party for him?

re: Star Wars; I've seen 3 of the 900....

June 14, 2020 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

My gin was on my to do list.

It been pended, and completed and repeated.

June 14, 2020 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

My Rare One and I had a dear old friend who was related to a pharmacist. Every month the pharmacist would gather a bunch of friends and relatives together to prepare (under her professional supervision) the individualized blister packs of prescriptions for clients. This was called "doing The Fill." So now that's what we call it too when we arrange our pills in the dosettes for the upcoming week or month -- "doing The Fill."

June 14, 2020 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I love making lists!
Some times I think I don't get anything done unless I list them first.

June 14, 2020 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Hot Guys. Lists are wonderful.

Hi Bob. I think I've seen 7 Star Wars and parts of #8.

Thank you Mistress. That's one way of keeping your list simple.

Hi Debra. I usually just write the word "Pills" and I remember what to do later when I get around to it.

Thank you Spo. I agree. It does satisfy us psychologically when we can cross things off the list.

June 16, 2020 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

I don't really do lists since there's always something to do.

If you want WQ to watch a Star Wars film, tell her that 1 hour and 47 minutes into it Mike Schmidt hits a homer. That's cheating, of course, it was really Greg Luzinski.

June 16, 2020 at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home