arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, April 05, 2020

Sunday Morning Post (V.2, #13) – Ain’t No Sunshine Now


Another week of isolation.  We are fine and keeping to ourselves as per state orders.  Warrior Queen and I only venture out once a week for needed errands and supplies.  


I went grocery shopping yesterday.  Most, but not all, are heeding CDC recommendations for everyone to wear a mask in public.  I was prepared for the trip utilizing a mask that WQ uses when she goes out in cold winter conditions.  I wasn’t prepared for people reacting to each other like we were suddenly living in a medieval village at the height of the Black Plague.  I get the concept of staying six feet away from the next person, but cowering from others as if we were all lepers?   I realize that people are just allowing their subconscious feelings to rise up with knee jerk reactions to a bad situation that no one gave any fore thought, but still it gives off the vibe that it’s every man for themselves.  I really hope this new “normal” will not be permanent.


In the meantime, as national leadership falters, we should remember that we still have each other to help us all through this crisis.  To this end, the words from Bill Withers 1972 hit Lean On Me seems extremely poignant at this moment.  Losing him early last week also seemed poignant at this time.  Withers' passing gives each of us a chance to reflect on his best remembered message, and yes, take it to heart.   I wouldn’t mind if this part of the new normal survived.




(Thank you for reading.  “But if we are wise/We know that there’s always tomorrow.”)

9 Comments:

Blogger Hot guys said...

It's true, people get very weird in crisis like this one. But, in a few months, hopefully it will be completely gone.

April 5, 2020 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Best wishes and stay safe, you two!

April 5, 2020 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Thanks for the Bill Withers.
Great tune, great advice.

Stay safe!

April 5, 2020 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Deedles said...

Had to use that title, didn't ya!? All day I've been going around the house singing "I know, I know, I know" and so on! I do prefer Lean on Me.

April 5, 2020 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

We'll keep our fingers crossed, Hot Guys.

Thank you, Debra.

You stay safe too, Bob.

Yes, Deedles, I had to go there. The lyrics are addictive.

April 5, 2020 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

We only have each other for good or for bad. The government will fail us.

April 5, 2020 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger Deedles said...

Day three- I know, I know, I know, I know...

April 7, 2020 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

True, Spo.

...I know, I know, I know, I know....
Your turn Deedles.

April 7, 2020 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Deedles said...

Day four- IknowIknowIknowIknow (gasp, deep breath) Iknow…….
Take it away Todd! Please!

April 8, 2020 at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home