arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, May 25, 2006

My (First) 2006 Vacation

It’s my first vacation week of the year, and since we’re saving our money for the second vacation of the year, this week was spent at home doing projects that haunted me the other 51 weeks of the year. I had 25 projects lined up and I completed 18 of those. I ruled out a few others as over ambitious (negotiate a lasting peace between Israel and Iran) or too much like hard work to do on a vacation (think of something nice to say about George W. Bush). Nope, not happening!

I spent quality time with the cats, Meredith and Stephen J. Meredith got very vocal about one of my vacation activities as the following illustrates:

MONDAY

Meredith: Meow! (Translation: “Daddy, please turn down the Abba!”)

Me: “But Meredith, Daddy doesn’t get to play Abba this loud when Mommy is home. Besides, you know how I enjoy hearing Agnetha’s voice rattle the windows.”

TUESDAY

Meredith: Meow! (Translation: “Daddy, if I hear Dancing Queen one more time, I will puke a hairball in your shoes.”)

Me: “Meredith, you wuss. You should really learn to appreciate the beauty of 1970’s Scandinavian rock and roll.”

THURSDAY

Meredith: Snorg! Snorg! Snorggaaaahhhh! Meow! (Translation: “I warned you, Daddy.”)

Stephen J., on the other hand, was much quieter and gave me no trouble at all, except for the time he ordered white pizza with catnip topping from Dominos. This pizza concept is quite ingenious when you think about it. It can give the cat the munchies and satisfy the food craving at the same time.

Other than these two incidences, my week has been very quiet, restful, and productive. Yet my mind is already thinking ahead to the uncompleted projects which can be done in the coming weekends and next year’s vacation at home. For this year, I have just enough time to clean out my shoes and save my Abba CDs from the bonfire Meredith is building in the living room.

Me: “That’s the last straw, young lady! No catnip pizza for you!”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you listen to Abba. I'll give you Dancing Queen though, that's a good one.

June 16, 2006 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger Gina Loves Lake George said...

Sally is just jealous. We all know that ABBA rocks...

July 30, 2006 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home