arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

This year I am grateful for the following:

I am grateful that today I will be able to get together with the people who mean the most to me in this life. Specifically, this would be my mother Anne, my brother Don and his family, Marlene, David and Danny.

I am grateful that I, and those close to me, have been given the courage and strength to make a difficult choice to let go of someone dear to us during the last year.

I am grateful that I live in a country where my blog rantings are not answered with a knock on the door in the middle of the night, and my subsequent disappearance when I answer that knock.

I am grateful for the creative outlet I have found in writing my blog entries.

I am grateful that I am still able to meet my financial obligations, and that I am constantly made aware of other opportunities awaiting me.

I am grateful that Meredith and Stephen are in my life, wonderful companions that make the rest of the day tolerable. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to know Kelly, if only for a short time.

I am grateful for all the years my father, Raymond Thomas, was in my life. I will always remember and strive to use the life lessons he taught me. This will be the best way I can honor his memory.

I am grateful that, all things considered, I am still a reasonably healthy middle-aged man.

I am grateful for the roof over my head, and all the food I need.

I am grateful that I am able to help those less fortunate than myself, always wishing I could do more.

Finally, I am grateful that I have a wonderful companion in my life who knows how to make me happy, tolerates my bad moments, gives me strength to get through the day, encourages me when I’m down, does not fear to tell me what’s on her mind, and gives me a swift kick in the butt when I need it. I love you, Anne Marie.

TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS TODAY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home