arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, April 03, 2014

One Last Bloggerpalooza Note…



Before the sweet memories of our recent blogger meetup fades from our memory, I want to share a moment from the golden days of television comedy. This was prompted by a recognition by one of the bloggers that my ape costume was a little tribute to the Nairobi Trio. One of the other bloggers wondered aloud, “Who is the Nairobi Trio?”

So, for JayinVA…this is the Nairobi Trio!


7 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I had never heard of "The Nairobi trio". Very good!

April 3, 2014 at 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Janey said...

RTG, this confirms what I've long suspected: you have lost your fucking mind. :-)

April 4, 2014 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Helena said...

lol.......I had to laugh at Janey's comment! I agree with her but think it's lost in a most fabulous and zany way!!

April 4, 2014 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Nadege. Their creator (Ernie Kovacs) left us too soon.

Thank you Janey for your assessment of my psychoses. I hope to be fitted for a strait jacket any day now. :)

Thank Helena for your comment. I hope you enjoyed their show.

April 5, 2014 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

this is news to me as well; it is always lovely to learn new music.

April 5, 2014 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thanks for your comment, Spo. the tune itself is "Solfeggio" composed by a harpist, Robert Maxwell. He's better known for writing the songs, "Ebb Tide" and "Shangi-La". (As per Wikipedia.)

April 6, 2014 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger slugmama said...

Ernie was a true comedic genius, a tv pioneer and sparked a lot of what you see on tv today-both types of comedy and actual comedians/comediennes working today....ok, just the "good" stuff you see.
Google his Gorilla Swan Lake ballet sometime.... lolz

April 12, 2014 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home