arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Doldrums Season – 2015



Winter. No snow to complain about and the temperatures have been mild. So why am I feeling so blah?

Warrior Queen attributes her moodiness to seasonal affective disorder. Actually I didn’t realize bitchiness had a season. Perhaps that is what is affecting me, but how should I know. Moodiness is part of my everyday demeanor.

Don’t believe me? Just ask Warrior Queen.

We are now in the great annual sports drought, for those of us who follow baseball and only baseball. The Eagles season ended about a month ago and both the Sixers and Flyers are having losing seasons. The thought of the approaching baseball season has Warrior Queen happily counting the days, hours and minutes.

For those of you playing along at home, the Philadelphia Phillies season will start in 28 days, 23 hours and 45 minutes.

While I can appreciate Warrior Queen’s enthusiasm for the upcoming baseball season, I can’t help noticing that her counting down just seems to slow the winter doldrums season even more.

28 days, 23 hours and 40 minutes. See what I mean?

Okay, truth be told my mood is not solely home based. I cannot keep up with my case load at work no matter what I do. I could do small token actions on each case just to satisfy management’s daily goals, but many times that would mean just kicking the case down the road for another day, while not actually accomplishing anything to resolve the client’s issues. And where does that leave you? A pile of cases blocking the road!

Fortunately, the national political scene is rife with conflict and, therefore, an ideal garden for blog inspiration and fodder. The story so far…President Obama has flexed political muscle no one knew he possessed, issued a series of executive orders on immigration, raising wages, sanctions against North Korea, and so on. This is the President’s way to tell Congress: “Eff you, eff you, eff you!”

To which Congress has responded “Executive over reach, constitutional over reach and overriding veto.” Or, roughly translated, “Eff you, eff you, eff you, Mr. President!”

So nice to see these two branches of government getting along as well as ever; in other words, not well at all.

Gee, I’m feeling more cheerful already...

(Thank you for reading! That’s 28 days, 23…oh, forget it!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

It is the eve of St. Agnes; the coldest day of the year; it is all uphill now.

January 20, 2015 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger anne marie in philly said...

currently 27 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes...

January 21, 2015 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Happy 9th blogiversary! Thank you for your amazing wit! It is all up-hill from now on. The days are getting longer as the sun sets later and later. I make sure of that by faithfully looking at the last glimpse of light and my watch. I didn't watch the SOTU last night as I was at work but I am proud of our president. All he has to do is tell it just the way it is. Hell with the other Mofos!

January 21, 2015 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Spo for the St. Agnes eve wish. Although our ground hog here in PA will probably get the last word on the season.

Thank you Nadege for the anniversary greeting and the compliment. We enjoyed seeing your photo on Ron's blog. Hope you had a nice visit.

January 24, 2015 at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home