arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Sunday Morning Post, Vol. 3, #39: Oh, Let's Have a Little Fun

 

 Today,  we should have fun at the expense of our own grief.  The video selection this week is from an episode of "I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again";  a BBC radio sketch show that pre-dated Python by a few years.   

There is not much to the video itself: a still shot of the composer/singer Bill  Oddie and later Oddie with his Goodie mates: Graeme Garden and Tim Brooke-Taylor.  We lost Taylor earlier this year to Covid.

What can we say: it's been a very bad year.


(Thank you for reading and watching.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Travel said...

I can see her rolling her eyes when I listen to this. Gone but never forgotten

November 21, 2021 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

I loved the Goodies back in the day!

November 21, 2021 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

"OFFS", seems to be going through my head!

Hope you have fun plans for the coming week.

November 21, 2021 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

I love stuff like this, and I don't even remember this!!!! I myself spent a better half the day watching Brit coms yesterday

I hope you'll be enjoying a nice Thanksgiving with your brother this year Todd.

November 21, 2021 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger uptonking said...

That is so cute... I had to laugh aloud... "she was never more beautiful before." Thanks, dear. Take good care of yourself.

November 21, 2021 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

It has been a year with many bad events; let us hope the new year is better.
Meanwhile we strive to do the right thing.

November 21, 2021 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Ratana said...

nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
ភ្នាល់បាល់​ អនឡាញ_FOOTBALL BETTING

November 25, 2021 at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home