arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, October 15, 2021

A Rare Friday Post: At 62

I am 62 today.  In past years it would mean a nice card from  Anne Marie, something to unwrap, and a dinner out.   This year...62 is just a number.

I am 62 today, and a changed man from the one I was many years ago. I suppose I have been always been a moody person, but it only took one person to change all that.  She awakened so much passion within me which I never realized existed inside.  For now the passions are stored away again, waiting for someone or something else to unpack them.  I am grateful and sad at the same time.

I know my present moodiness needs to be dealt with.  I know I need to experience this so that I can fully appreciate happiness again when it happens.  

A blogger nod to fellow birthday companion Raybeard.  I hope he is back for a while.  Happy Birthday, Raybeard.  And I will try to do the same.  Please visit him here: https://raybeard.blogspot.com/


Yes, this song, for obvious reasons.

(Thank you for reading and listening.)

13 Comments:

Blogger uptonking said...

Happy Birthday, dear heart. And you're not moody... you've become 'selective'! Congrats on reaching a new year, no small feat in light of Covid and Global Warming. Enjoy your day and celebrate yourself. Stay safe, stay healthy. Kizzes.

October 15, 2021 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats on another free trip around the sun! I hope you can enjoy your special day today. Wishing you many more!

October 15, 2021 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Cheers to your day! Cheers to many more!

October 15, 2021 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

I'm pleased to here reciprocate your wishes to me for today, RTG, as well as your similar response on my own blog - does all that make sense? But anyway, you get my drift. [If you haven't seen it I wrote like congratulations early this morning [our time] on your then most recent post, your 'Abba' one.
Getting a bit convoluted now but what the Hell! Have a nice, relaxing and fruitful day, with a nod to absent friends - and to a special one who was even closer.

October 15, 2021 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

A very Happy Birthday to you dear Todd!!! I knew you mentioned recently your birthday a couple weeks prior to Halloween. I was trying to pinpoint the date. I believe you said you came early. I should have been too a Halloween baby, and came early.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Be on the look out for something in the post.

October 15, 2021 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger kent said...

happy birthday.... wishes for continued journeys of the new and remembrances of the past... each can provide us joy and brightness.

October 15, 2021 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Happy Birthday. Only 62? A mere child with tons of happier days ahead.

October 16, 2021 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Todd! I hope you're treating yourself extra well this year.

October 16, 2021 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Upton. I had not considered all that we have survived the last few years.

Thank you, Debra for the well wishes.

Thank you, Bob and cheers to you too!

Thank you Raybeard. The special one is never far from my thoughts.

Thank you, Maddie. I will keep an eye out

Thank you, Kent. I am ever hopeful for more joy soon.

Hi Jimmy. Funny, I don't feel very young.

Thank you, Jennifer. I treated myself as much as time would allow.

October 16, 2021 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

After the age of 42, I've always viewed my age as merely a number, what I find surprising is how it keeps increasing year after year. You're doing pretty good for 62. Enjoy.

October 16, 2021 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Breenlantern said...

I hope your Birthday was peaceful and calm. I'm sorry you couldn't spend it the way you have in the past, with the person you wanted. None the less, i wish you a year ahead of surprise smiles and things to inspire you.

Hugs

Sassybear
www.idleeyesandadormy.com

October 16, 2021 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Travel said...

Happy Birthday, take care of yourself, always take care of yourself.

October 17, 2021 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I enjoyed chatting with you today!
I am glad to see the comments here wishing you well on your birthday.

October 17, 2021 at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home