arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Sunday Morning Post Vol. 3, # 35: Not Much to See Here This Week

My mind is totally void of blog ideas this week.  My younger brother just left for home after spending the night here and helping me with a project or two.  Today I will do what I can.   This week I have a few medical appointments and an appointment at the bank to set up an account for Anne Marie's estate.   Otherwise another week to work from home.

I don't want to alarm anyone at this stage, but I will give this bit of news to the blogosphere:  there is a bone marrow biopsy in my future.  I hope it happens soon.  I am having more episodes of fatigue and just no energy.  I want to find out if I am having more than just anemia.

I'll keep everyone posted, no matter what.

In the meantime, I'm in the mood for more Elton John.  This selection is relaxing and hauntingly beautiful.  And yes, I do know the back story for this song.

 


 

(As always, thank you  for reading and listening.)

 

9 Comments:

Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

Oh dear. I am sorry to hear of some lingering pest...medical...but I guess it's better to be safe then sorry. I just don't like that process. But I'm sure Warrior Queen will be there with you. And I know she'll approve of Elton over ABBA. And by all means, keep us posted Todd.

October 24, 2021 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Breenlantern said...

We eagerly await the (hopefully) good news that the biopsy reveals nothing remarkable.You're in our thoughts.

Sassybear
www.idleeyesandadormy.com

October 24, 2021 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Agnes Goldberg-DeWoofs said...

Will be keeping you in my thoughts for well being, as I knew all too well what your going through, having lost my William this year. A day doesn't goes by I still don't miss him. Best wishes on your health results also. Keeping fingers crossed for a good result with no issues.

October 24, 2021 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

The waiting is worst part of anything medical. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

October 24, 2021 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you for your wishes, Maddie. We shall be Abba free for a little while.

Hi Sassy. I hope that it will be nothing more than an iron deficiency which can be treated with infusion sessions.

Hi Agnes. My condolences on your loss. We will get through this stronger than ever.

Hi Jimmy. If nothing else my newest health crisis will get my mind off my grieving for Anne Marie. That alone would be a silver lining.

October 25, 2021 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good luck with those tests.

October 25, 2021 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Travel said...

Take care,

October 25, 2021 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger uptonking said...

Hi... re: bone marrow. Is this your first? They need to prepare you. And you need to be pain free... tell them... pain free. I am not a stranger to pain... I can endure quite a bit... but you tell them straight up that you do not want to be more than mildly uncomfortable and they need to give you plenty to get there. I have had so many procedures and tests in my life - drank radioactive crap and hung upside down like a bat! - but you do not mess with bone marrows. My second one may well be my last one... it was that bad. So.. yes... I put the fear in you so you will stand up for yourself and get some help with this. An IV drip? Not a bad idea. Good luck dear. So sorry you have to go through this.

October 25, 2021 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger JM said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

I have never heard this Elton John song. It's so beautiful. I am a fan of his and I have his Live in Australia album.

October 27, 2021 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home