arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Abba, Part Duex

 Time for another dance party featuring Abba, sure to raise the ire of the dearly departed Warrior Queen.  I will cope.

Dancing  Queen

I confess.  This was the first ABBA song I heard on my AM radio station that I did not immediately like.  Perhaps it was my aversion to dancing, but for some reason (still inexplicable to me)  why I didn't warm up to it. 

This became ABBA's biggest hit in America,.  Shows you what I know!


 Knowing Me, Knowing You

Aw!  Cold and dark winter!  Now there's the stereotypical upper Scandanavian concept we know.

Take A Chance On Me

An acapella hook!  I loved it and still do.  No points for copy-catting the Brady Bunch configuration at the beginning.


 


Chiquitita

Just a beautiful melody.


Does Your Mother Know?

Seriously, does she,  or is mother already out on the dance floor ahead of you?   Shake it, Frida!



(Thank  you for reading, listening and of course, dancing!

Come back, Warrior Queen, so I can taunt you a second time!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Y'all can dance, but I'll sit out the ABBA! =)

September 25, 2021 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh and all is right with the world this fine day.......

September 25, 2021 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

All of these are faves of mine too!

September 25, 2021 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Deedles said...

Dear Todd, is the anger stage of grief causing you to seek revenge on our dear Carebear? ABBA, really cruel and unusual punishment :) Kind of toe tappy, though.

September 25, 2021 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Yaz...Dancing Queen!

September 25, 2021 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger uptonking said...

Chiquitita and Fernando deep sixed my love of ABBA for a time. I thought them both dreck. Love the others. Not sure what I think of the new stuff. It's not their best. Thanks for sharing these. Peace to you.

September 25, 2021 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Travel said...

Dancing Queen is kind of an anthem for some wonderful people

September 26, 2021 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

No problem, Bob.

Yes, Maddie, all is right in many corners of the world.

Thank you, Debra. Their later hits as they were enduring their personal break ups had more allure for me, but I enjoyed these melodies too.

Hi Deedles. I have thought that this is the anger part of grieving coming out, but I mean no malice to Anne Marie or her memory. She was tolerant of many people and many ideas. Her feelings for Abba stick out like a sore thumb. I felt like I need to right this wrong if I am able to bring back her dance parties. It can be hard to resist these melodies.

Thank you, Jimmy. Enjoy!

Hi Upton. Yes, those two were atypical for what we were expecting from them at the time. They are a shade darker and haunting.

Hi Travel. I would have though that Dancing Queen by itself would allow Anne Marie to post it as an anthem, but....

September 26, 2021 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I realize now I can remember or I can associate each of these songs to a particular place or event.
What other group can do this? Not with me anyway.
Hearing ABBA is like looking at old photos and remembering

September 26, 2021 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Deedles said...

I know you harbored no malice, sweetie. My tongue was stuck firmly in my cheek. That's a hard thing to do in writing.

September 26, 2021 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I have to say that this is a very cool selection! *whispers* I actually like ABBA *whispers*
You know Anne Marie would be raising an eyebrow, but she's all for dance parties, so yeah.

XOXO

September 30, 2021 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home