arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Praise for the Republican Party



No, you read the title right.  Today we will praise the Republican Party for its presidential nominee.

I know I will take flak for this entry.  Warrior Queen, for one, may not speak to me for a long time, but that is a consequence I am willing to accept.

Many will wonder why I am doing such a thing. They will rightly point to many of my earlier entries and come away with the opinion that I am very anti-Republican. 

While I will not contest this impression of my political leanings, I will state that my salute to the Grand Old Party is my way of making up for any bad feelings I make have caused over the years. I am also acutely aware that I should be fair to all of my subjects.

After all, I don’t leave everyone with the impression that I am biased towards any political direction.

Therefore, it is with pride and deep admiration that I commend the Republican Party for nominating a person who is so loathsome, vile, and profoundly unfit for high office that it makes Richard Nixon look like an absolute saint!

(Thank you for reading!  Nearly 200 words of enthusiasm for the GOP.  I don’t know how I made it this far!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Raybeard said...

Despite my huge relief when reaching your final para, I do think (though merely as an 'outsider') that he may well garner enough votes to pull it off. His support seems to be so rock-solid with certain sections that no matter what he says from now on their votes will still be guaranteed, and it could only take one major gaffe from H.C. to clinch it for him. Wish I felt otherwise, but frankly I'm scared - from thousands of miles away.

October 5, 2016 at 3:26 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

I try to remain calm and believe Hillary will win, but the strength of stupid creeps in every once in a while.

October 5, 2016 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger anne marie in philly said...

you forgot the following adjectives when describing the rump: immoral, ignorant, racist, homophobic, immature, thin-skinned, orange-faced, rug-wearing, loud, rude, indecent, misogynistic, crude, socially unacceptable, shyster, scam artist, untruthful, liar, loser, weak, argumentative, ostentatious, aggressive, obnoxious, asshole, dickwad, douchebag.

October 5, 2016 at 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Janey said...

And so our nearly 40 years of friendship crashes to the dust. Anne Marie, stay in touch... ;-)

October 5, 2016 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Raybeard for reading until the very end.

Thank you Bob. This whole campaign has really made me more aware of the stupidity around us. I guess I have been too naive to identify it all this time.

Warrior Queen, as the great Yul Brynner said, "Ecetera, ecetera, ecetera!"

Don't despair, Janey! I can always spend a few weeks in a re-education camp.

October 5, 2016 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

blech

October 6, 2016 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Blech indeed! Well put, Spo!

October 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Fearsome Beard said...

I'm relieved that the works Nixon and Saint are separated by the phrase "look like".

October 10, 2016 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Fearsome Beard. Yes, phrasing is everything!

October 12, 2016 at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home