arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Things in My Life For Which I Am Grateful*



  


1.  A mortgage

Seriously this gives me an excuse to leave my house to earn money at…

2.  A job

Which pays for #1 and other necessities like food…

3.  Hunger

Which forces me to walk away from the computer and its social temptations once in a while to get nourishment.

4.  Sleep

The need for rest forces more time away from the dreaded banality of the Internet.

5.  A sh*thole president who makes the last days of our civilization entertaining and, dare I say, diverting?

6.  Scratch #5.  What the hell was I thinking?   Our sh*thole president just compounds the tedium with feelings of dread and loathsomeness.

7.  My cats

I tear myself away to sit with Nyla in my lounge chair; adore Oreo while we watch the morning news; and pet Gigi when she reaches out to scratch the hell out of my bare legs while I sit at the computer.

8.  Warrior Queen

Who breaks the monotony of things I find interesting on the Internet with things that she finds interesting on the Internet.

9.  Warrior Queen when she calls out the wonderful words: “Spo has a new post up!”  This happens at least once every other day.  Thank you God for our friends in the blogosphere.  Their essays and ruminations on life, the universe, and everything else are a pleasant diversion from the silly viral videos gives me hope that intelligence does still exist on the planet.  Oh, and Bob's editorial funnies on Sunday morning are to die for!

Time for me to break away again: Gigi is scratching (OUCH!) for attention.

*Because they break the tedium of social media.  Mind you I’m only on Facebook, I do not Tweet, nor do I have Instagram.

(Thank you for reading.  Now take a break from the Internet, go forth and live!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Old Lurker said...

I am grateful for you and your blog. Your health travails have had me worried.

January 18, 2018 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

It's a good life, isn't it? there's good Karma here.

January 20, 2018 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Old Lurker. I probably caught some people by surprise by posting in the middle of the week.

Thank you, Dave R. Yes, despite the daily aches and pains I must agree with Joe Walsh when he said "Life's been good to me so far."

January 20, 2018 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I hope not in this order.

January 21, 2018 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Fearsome Beard said...

I’m grateful for you, for you are the other half of Warrior Queen.

January 28, 2018 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Yes, Spo, in this order, because I always save the best for last.

Thank you Fearsome Beard. As more years go by I have concluded that she is my better half.

January 28, 2018 at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home