arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Our 25th…And No Technicalities



Today marks the 25th anniversary for Warrior Queen and me.  She is not much for sentimentality, so I will not linger on this subject long.

For example, when I come home after work, and on the rare occasion she gets home before I do, she will utter something like, “Oh shit, he found his way home again.”   I usually respond something to the effect that I laid down bread crumbs as I left that morning, but my point is that we are still here for each other, looking out for each other’s welfare as we drift into the twilight of our lives.

We, like all couples or so I believe, set their own tones of communication between them.  Many couples may say “I love you” every day of their lives. We seldom voice this word anymore, but we’ll let the occasional Hallmark product say it for us.

I suppose we still love each other after all this time.  We have just established a different, non-sentimental way of expressing it.  However just in case there are any doubts, I’ll let this New Seekers video express it for me.  The words seem to capture my true feelings for Warrior Queen.


(Thank you for reading.  Thank you, Warrior Queen for being in my life.)

13 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Well, Happy 25th from our 17th!

And I love that line, “Oh shit, he found his way home again.”

If Carlos still drove I'd use it on him!

October 17, 2017 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

A very happy silver to you and W.Q., RTG. So comforting to know that through thick and thin the two of you are always there for each other. A fortunate couple indeed.

Love your choice of record, even if it was picked mainly because of the lyrics.
The Seekers' harmonies were never bettered by any other group, and I recall the national dismay when they announced, still in the 60s, that they weren't going to appear or record together again, though their splitting up was perfectly amicable, and in this case I really believe it.
Judith Durham's voice was unparalleled in my books for that decade, only rivalled a little later by Karen Carpenter's.
As a matter of interest, Keith Potger (the grey-shirted one) came to live modestly in the very same place, no more than a large village, where my mother lived until her death, and he was still living there at least 10 years ago.
They made some really lovely songs tpgether.

Have a beautiful day, the pair of you.

October 17, 2017 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Deedles said...

Awww, my kind of peeps, *sniff*. Happy anniversary and many more to come.

October 17, 2017 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

Congrats on 25!!!! I suspect your lines of communication are far more honest and true than those who spout out those 3 little words continuously - when I hear that I always want to ask just who it is they think they're reminding.

Congrats again!

October 17, 2017 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Bob for your wishes.

Thank you Raybeard. We also found a 60 Minutes piece circa 2012 on The Seekers. At that point they were recording a new album and explained the break up on Denham having self-esteem issues. Still, this song says it all for me and WQ.

Gosh, Deedles, thank you.

Thank you for your wishes, Dave R.

October 20, 2017 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Good that you came back here to respond, RTG. Was getting more than a mite concerned, knowing that your 'issues' are still around, but am relieved that you're able to show you're still feisty enough to be battling through your present difficulties. I renew my good wishes to you - and to your W.Q.

Wasn't aware of that matter regarding the Seekers' split, but half a century on it's surely water long since under the bridge now. Nothing can take away the pleasant memories - and we at least still have all those lovely sounds to enjoy forever.

October 21, 2017 at 1:23 AM  
Anonymous Old Lurker said...

Warrior Queen might not be much of a sentimentalist but I think you are!

I hope you celebrate with something lavish. Indian food, maybe.

October 21, 2017 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

This post made me have a big smile and a happy tear. Happy 25th!

October 21, 2017 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Oh hearty congratulations to you both !

October 22, 2017 at 1:22 AM  
Blogger Fearsome Beard said...

I know, I know, I said it on her blog and am delinquent getting over here to do the same. My apologies. Congratulations!

October 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Old Lurker for your thoughts! We actually celebrated our anniversary at a new Japanese style restaurant that took over the site of an old Chinese buffet. I miss the buffet, but we had wonderful meal just the same.

Thank you Jimmy, Spo and Fearsome Beard for your wishes.

October 28, 2017 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Fearsome Beard said...

Beware of a strange Beard lurking about in the area of K of P this week.

November 5, 2017 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger anne marie in philly said...

I DID see a strange beard in KoP! and I had dinner with him!

November 23, 2017 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home