arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, January 27, 2019

The Sunday Morning Post (V.1, #1): A Special Anniversary


This past week marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of comedian and television pioneer Ernie Kovacs.  Like many geniuses, Kovacs was not with us for very long, but his influence has been seen down through the years. 
  
I wish I could publish my tribute with what I believe to be the funniest sight gag in the history of the medium.  It involved a fire hydrant and a stuffed poodle.  I was unable to locate it on YouTube, so a command performance by the Nairobi Trio will have to suffice.


(Thank you for reading and watching.  May God Bless you, Mr. Kovacs, wherever you are.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've heard the name, but he was a bit before my time, I think.

January 27, 2019 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Not for the first time showing my ignorance. name doesn't mean anything to me, I'm afraid, though from what you say the loss must surely be mine.

January 27, 2019 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Hi Debra. He was a bit before my time too, but I've been appreciative about the things he did for the medium.

Hi Raybeard. You may want to check out Youtube for his full episodes. He was doing things in the 1950's which we have taken for granted for decades.

January 27, 2019 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home