arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, November 22, 2018

A Short Thanksgiving Message


Honestly, I’m trying my best to get into the spirit of the day.  Once I write this tome, I will retreat to the kitchen to start the turkey roasting.   At some point, I will also phone my holiday wishes to my brother, perhaps a cousin or two.  So, I will go through the motions of the holiday with hopes that the spirit of the day will overcome me like a smooth relaxing soak in the bathtub.

The day has challenges: Warrior Queen is still down with bronchitis. This will keep us from venturing out where the high temperature for today is forecast to be 30 degrees F.  I think this would be below zero Celsius.

My list of things to be thankful for is short this year:

I’m thankful that we still have a democracy in America.   Honestly, two years ago at this time I had doubts that we would exist at all.   Fortunately, the American experiment is still working with all the tools we need to fix it.   Make no mistake, the fix will be long, arduous and perhaps ugly at times, but it has to be done.  Perhaps next year I’ll have happier things to report for our country.

I’m thankful that my health is returning which will enable me to work more hours at work so I can pay down/off the medical bills I’ve accumulated while the local medical community cured my various ailments.   Yes, it is a vicious cycle.

I’m thankful for the people in my life; those close to me (WQ and the cats), those watching out for my well being when I don’t know they’re watching out for me, and those far away in the blogosphere.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

(Thank you for reading.  “Much obliged, lord!” – Percy Kilbride in “The Egg and I”)

7 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Happy Thanksgiving, RTG, to you and AM and the kittehs!
Here's hoping she's feeling better soon!

November 22, 2018 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Bob. She's resting as much as she can now.

November 22, 2018 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Giving thanks and a daily stop for gratitude are not just niceties. They are required - needed for our souls and sanity. Keep on going - I'm thankful for you two.

November 23, 2018 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Spo. We are also grateful for your friendship.

November 24, 2018 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

You're not going to wait until next year for things to begin improving for our country... Mueller is lurking in every shadow of the idiot Jerk's own making.

November 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

December 9, 2018 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger DCAja said...

it is a precious moment! 😎🤞

March 21, 2019 at 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home