arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, April 04, 2021

Sunday Morning Post (V.3, #14) - Happy Easter

I don’t have much to write about this week.  I just want to wish everyone a nice Sunday with no drama.   Hope everyone’s celebration of the season meets and exceeds their expectations.

It will be a quiet one for us.  I’ll have a ham slice for dinner as per tradition. Warrior Queen will dine on lasagna as per her tradition of not being traditional in any sense of the word.  So be it!

There will be no family gatherings for us for a variety of reasons.  The COVID excuse will work as well as anything else.  More to the point, we are simply not up to traveling anywhere even if there were Sunday brunches being offered nearby.

I’ll probably reach out to my brother at some point and wish him a Happy Easter.  We may have a conversation which could take him away from a house full of immediate family and friends.  Or he may leave it go to his voice mail box and he’ll catch up to me later in the week.  So be it!

The good news:  WQ got her second COVID vaccine dose a few days ago.

The bad news:  I’m still waiting to hear from the county about an appointment for my first dose!  WQ spoke to the county employees about this situation when she got her shot.  She was told that the county is changing computer systems on Monday and I should re-register after that.

Balls! Oh wait, I meant to say that, so be it.

(Thank you for reading and please have a safe Easter.)

 

6 Comments:

Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy your Easter dinners, both of you! And I hope you get an appointment soon for your shot!

April 4, 2021 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Dave R said...

Happy Nice Sunny Sunday! My dinner's going to be shrimp lo Mein. Yummy!!

April 4, 2021 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Our first shot is in a couple of weeks, with the second following that. I am so ready for it!

Carlos is cooking our dinner and it will be as non-traditional as possible!

April 4, 2021 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger uptonking said...

Keep trying, dear. You'll get yours! Glad Anne Marie got her second. Symptoms? Reaction? As for Easter. bah. I have to say though, I had lasagna for the big meal, too. My second youngest sister came down from up north with two pans - one vegan and one vegetarian. It was awesome. It was just me, The Boyfriend (who was chatty), a niece, a nephew, my sister and my Mom. We had great conversation and it was fun. Lasted three hours. It was a beautiful day here, so we opened all the doors and windows. Thanks for the update. Hang in there.

April 5, 2021 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Balls indeed !
Or, as I like to say/use: Bullocks !

April 6, 2021 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Debra for your kind words.

Shrimp lo mein? I'm jealous Dave R, even though I had a very nice ham steak.

The shots are a good thing to look forward to, Bob.

She was very tired for a day, Upton. It sounds like you had a very nice Easter with family and friends.

Bullocks! Balls! Postatoes! Potahtoes! Let's call the whole thing off, Spo!

April 6, 2021 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home