arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, December 22, 2018

REALLY? NOW YOU’RE WORRIED?*


So many government crises, so little time.   Where does one start?

We are now hours away from the third government shut down this year because President Crybaby insists that the new government spending resolution include a provision to fund HIS wall with American taxpayer (our) money.  This after the President changed his mind what seemed like a few hundred times in the last few days from he will own the government shutdown to “we’ll let the government remain open” to “Democrats will be blamed for the shutdown” to “I want my wall.”

(EDITORIAL UPDATE:  Good morning, campers!  The shutdown is on!  Now what do we name it?  Oh, how about naming it after the radio host twits who goaded the President to take a hard-line stance on his wall.  We declare the government shutdown of 12/22/18 to be called the Coulter-Limbaugh Shutdown! (Congratulations, twits!)

Or should we dwell a few moments on the fact that the only mature individual left in the Oval Office, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, has resigned because he can’t work with the President.   Republicans in Congress have played along with the President for the last two years because they understood that someone with, let’s call them “mature tendencies”, was near the President in the Oval Office.  Mattis and a few others had a reputation of reining in the President’s impulsive behavior.

Well, no more.  The adult has left the building and the President has now been left home alone.

Mattis' resignation has been regarded with dread in capitals all over the world.  Now even senior Republican members of Congress (notably Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell) are expressing concern about the President’s behavior.

Really, Republican members of Congress?  NOW you’re worried?

I know I’ve gone to this well before, but somehow the ending to Dr. Strangelove is once again appropriate for the occasion.  This time I will suggest that the last line be changed from “Mein Fuhrer!  I can walk!”  to “What do you mean Mattis has left the building?” Once again, please enjoy and sing along with Vera Lynn if you so desire; here's our tribute to Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis: 



*Or Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Love the Bomb

(Thank you for reading, listening, and singing.  Seriously, can someone talk Mattis into staying?)

8 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

The GOP is only worried now because theyare losing control and feel they can stand up,albeit mostly silently, to _____.
They disgust me.
I'd like to suggest The Lying Chickensh*t Pandering F*ckmonkey Shutdown as a title.
But that's just me.

December 22, 2018 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Deedles said...

Hey, hey! You just got those hips (or that hip, I forget stuff)fixed! Don't go kicking anything, okay?

December 22, 2018 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Last night My Rare One and I enjoyed a "Murphy Brown" marathon on TV, watching all the recorded episodes from the last couple of months while we were away/busy. It's a good emotional antidote to all the bullshit on the news lately.

December 22, 2018 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I hope this posts; I've had troubles doing so.

December 22, 2018 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Oh it did!

December 22, 2018 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

I've long thought that their worship of Trump would finish off the GOP. Oh well, i won't miss them, Bob.

Don't worry, Deedles. I'll let others do the kicking.

Thank you, Debra. I've never watched an entire episode of Murphy Brown, but I can appreciate its digs into whoever is in power.

Thank you, Spo. Something did post, but we're you trying to say more? WQ has explained to me that your blog server and my blog server don't talk to each other. Perhaps we should stage an intervention.

December 23, 2018 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Dave R said...

Personally, I think our current events are sounding too much like an Ed Wood movie. Cue the dentist now...

December 23, 2018 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

At least Ed would let everyone wear a nice cashmere sweater. Merry Christmas, Dave R.

December 25, 2018 at 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home