arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Sunday Morning Post (V.3, #15) - Kiss Me, I’m (Identifying Ethnic Noun Here)

I finally got good news this past week: I got my invitation for my first COVID shot!  Yay!  It’ll be the Pfizer edition and my appointment is for Tuesday morning. I’m guessing my second dose will be scheduled for some time in May.

Warrior Queen has completed both of her shots and she’s gotten her vaccine passport to prove it.  This got me to thinking about some better ways for one to identify themselves as one is now protected from the pandemic.

We could go the Scarlet Letter route and have anyone who has their shots to sew a large letter V on the upper left shoulder of their clothes.  Okay, I see the problem already.  This is soooo 17th century! 

How about a variation on those little stickers everyone gets when they vote in an election.  They’re usually oval shaped and printed with the words I Voted or sometimes just Voted.  Yes, the truly acceptable, non-partisan way of wearing one’s patriotism on their sleeve.  The problem is that these stickers usually peel off after one day and the wearer is left with the residual glue on their shirts/coats or what have you.  Yuck!

Clearly, we need something more permanent than a paper sticker, but something that will not keep us chained to a sewing machine (whatever those are) for a fortnight.

We could go the ethnic identifier route.  We’ve all seen these offered for sale prior to our ethnic holidays that Americans celebrate, but leave members of those communities deeply puzzled about what all the fuss is about.  These declarations are usually on buttons, coffee mugs, and (of course) t-shirts. 

I know we’ve all seen these declarations.  There is Kiss Me, I’m Italian (Columbus Day); Kiss Me, I’m Irish (St. Patrick’s Day); or Kiss Me, I Just Want to Drink Myself Blind on Tequila (Cinco de Mayo).  Or how about Kiss Me, I’m A Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Waiting to Happen (any other day of the year for members of Congress.)  Okay, don’t get excited: I confess I made up that last one. 

Anyway, my point is we could have the words Kiss Me! I’m Vaccinated emblazoned on buttons, cups, and shirts!  We would just need to verify that the purchaser is truly vaccinated by verifying their vaccine passport. And the printing of this design on buttons/cups/shirts would be a job creator for the immediate future.

This sounds like a win-win to me.  If only we could guarantee that wearing such declarations would not prompt the MAGAts and anti-vaxxers to violence.  Or, given that possibility, would it be more fun to not make a statement on our vaccine status and keep them guessing?  It really is getting harder to find ways to amuse ourselves.

(Thank you for reading. Shot, anyone?)

9 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Ours are coming soon, and I'd like an "I'm Vaxxed" sticker.

April 11, 2021 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad you're getting your first shot! Sign me up for a t-shirt!

April 11, 2021 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

"Kiss Me I'm Vaccinated"!

When I got my second jab, the nurse told me to photograph the card on my phone.

April 11, 2021 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Breenlantern said...

Glad you're on your way to joining WQ as a Vaccinated-American. Guess we'll have to celebrate by coming to visit you two, soon :-)

Sassybear
www.idleeyesandadormy.com

April 11, 2021 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

There's a 4 week wait between shots. And how about a Democratic Blue Ball Cap with one word... vaccinated.

April 11, 2021 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Travel said...

I had #2 on Saturday, and no sticker. I bet Uncle Jeff has I been vaxed t-shirts. In fact that will be my next stop

April 11, 2021 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I too am glad you are getting the shots
I like the notion of a "V" - maybe a red cap with "V" on it.

April 11, 2021 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger uptonking said...

Hon. Get on this. Kiss me, I'm vaccinated T-shirts are a sure short-term winner. Limited time only, but get in there, make bank and then retire! Woot woot. Great idea. Good luck with your first shot. Glad to hear Anne Marie is doing well. Yay... light at the end of the tunnel. Kizzes.

April 12, 2021 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Good luck, bob! I did get a sticker.

Hi, Debra. What size should we put you down for?

That is a good idea, Jimmy. Unfortunately I don't have one of those devices.

A visit would be nice Sassybear, when we all feel safe to emerge from our isolations.

I'm already signed up for my 2nd shot on May 4, Dave. The blue cap idea is a good one.

Good to hear that you're fully vaccinated Travel.

The "V" cap is another good idea Spo.

Thank you Upton for the good thoughts.

April 15, 2021 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home