arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, November 07, 2021

Sunday Morning Post, Vol. 3, #37: End of the Year Health Issues

If you have been following along the last few weeks then you know that I had a bone marrow biopsy last week and three iron infusion sessions lined up for this coming week.  Normally,  that would be enough to deal with, but now...

I also have edema where a lot of fluid pools on the lower part of the body and exits the body through less than normal means.  The fluid makes it way to the skin, forms a bubble/blister, then "poof" bursts and streams down the leg in to one's shoe or slipper.  It's not a painful condition,  but it is annoying as all hell.

The medical community recommends keeping your lower limbs up as much as possible and to wear compression stockings which are supposed to help improve circulation in the legs.  Keeping the limbs up on a chair or stool while working a job at a computer?  Not always feasible.   And the daily ritual of putting on the compression stockings briefly sends my hypertension through the roof.  Bluntly put, it's a bitch of a process.

I would just assume to be healed of this, but all signs point that healing from this condition is slow.  In the meantime walking gets more difficult since fluid also accumulates in the prostate resgion.

I suddenly feel like someone has surgically attached a basketball to my crotch.  Fortunately I am still able to function in that part of the body.  This is good as the cardiologist weighed in with the order to double my Lasix intake.  I hope that my increasing number of trips to the toilet every day helps, but that takes time to tell if there is a difference or not.

And time is on every one's mind this weekend as we go through the antiquated, agrarian cultural ritual of turning the clocks back.  Yes, they try to put a positive spin on it by telling us you can get another hour's sleep this weekend.  Or we can spend that extra hour hoisting one more round at the bar.

Water retention in the nether regions?  Low iron in the blood?  Trust me:  I will be sleeping and not hoisting. 

Please forgive me if I posted this song before, but it is hitting home today.


 

(Thank you for reading and listening.) 

11 Comments:

Blogger uptonking said...

Love Alan Parsons Project. From day one. Sorry for your troubles. Take care. Drink plenty of fluids. Green Tea is good. Wishing you well.

November 7, 2021 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Sorry for the ills, but glad you have insurance a doctor to deal with all this.

I'm still trying to picture sitting at a desk with your feet up, though.

November 7, 2021 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that sounds so unpleasant. Hang in there, guy!

November 7, 2021 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

You are in my thoughts. Smooch.

November 7, 2021 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Breenlantern said...

My thoughts and heart are with you. Health issues, especially chronic, recurring, and/or long lasting, are horrible. Stay strong, buddy. I hope to read your full recovery posts soon.

Hugs.

Sassybear
www.idleeyesandadormy.com

November 7, 2021 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Travel said...

Take care of yourself!

November 8, 2021 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Upton. Plenty of liquids? The urologist wants me to limit my intake to 32 oz/day!

Hi Bob. The legs cramp up after a while.

Thank you, Debra.

Thank you for your thoughts, Jimmy.

Thank you for the hugs, Sassy.

I will do my best to get well, Travel.

November 8, 2021 at 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Old Lurker said...

You did post the clip before, and now I listen to it again and again.

What a sucktastic year this has been for you. I am so sorry you (and several other bloggers) are suffering such poor health.

November 9, 2021 at 12:42 AM  
Blogger Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Love me some APP. Hope you're feeling better! Dealing with medical stuff is annoying as all h*ll.

XOXO

November 10, 2021 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I hope things are better by now.
Just remember all docs are quacks

November 12, 2021 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger JM said...

Get better!
Beautiful song. Alan Parson Project!! Great group.

November 12, 2021 at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home