arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, July 16, 2016

A Fashion Show



This week’s blog entry comprises a few photos of my trying on a shirt made by our wonderful fellow blogger Spo.  The editorial board here at Arteejee may grumble that this is not a proper blog entry with a few snarky comments under their breath about contractual obligations, but no matter.  This blog is named after the phonetic spelling of my initials so eff the editorial board.

This is the shirt I won in a lottery earlier this year to mark the anniversary of the blog Spo Reflections.  (I trust editor-in-chief Warrior Queen will put the link here.  Oh, yes, that’s better.)  It arrived safely, albeit a little damp.

It was a strange twist of fate that the box holding the shirt should arrive on the only day we had rain here in Southeast Pennsylvania in nearly two weeks.  This was our weather for the last several weeks:  no measurable rainfall for a week or two, a day of monsoon type weather (the same day the box was unceremoniously dropped at my front door by the USPS without so much as a plastic bag to protect the box), and nary a drop of precipitation for the last three days since.  No matter!  The shirt dried and I am modeling it for all to see.





Thank you, Spo!

(Thank you for reading.  And yes, I know. I need a shave and a haircut!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

Todd - the shirt is too long in the sleeve and too long in length.
Please have WQ roll up the sleeve and put a pin where it should be hemmed. Have her do the same for the shirt length. Then mail it back and I can fix these matters.

July 16, 2016 at 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly your fashion sense is evolving.

- Old Lurker

July 16, 2016 at 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Janey said...

RTG, I thought that your many decades of constant masturbation would have made your arms longer!!

July 16, 2016 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

I shall be very cross with W.Q. if she's not feeding you enough bananas.

July 17, 2016 at 2:42 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Spo for your advice. It was great talking to you on the phone yesterday. We'll get the shirt back to you soon.

Thank you, Old Lurker. My fashion sense has to evolve sometime!

Thank you, Janey, and I have yet to go blind! Another myth busted!

Thank you Raybeard. The truth is bananas are my least favorite fruit. I have to be in the proper mood to consume them, which doesn't happen often.

July 17, 2016 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Fearsome Beard said...

Spo shorts are fabulous are they not? Shaving is never necessary and as far as Janey's comment....if I'm not blind yet you will never be, so no worries there (my arms aren't any longer either).

July 18, 2016 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Fearsome Beard for your words of encouragement. Spo shirts are wonderful!

July 25, 2016 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home