arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Happy 80th, Mom



My mother, Anne Lauren, would have been 80 today. With that in mind, I will post in her memory the song that she and Dad considered their song.

I think this clip is from the Alfred Hitchcock film The Man Who Knew Too Much

Please enjoy this small slice of post-World War II optimism, Cold War be damned!


(Thank you for reading. Happy Birthday, Mom, wherever you are!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

And many happy returns to her!

July 2, 2016 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Many happy returns indeed, to your mother of blessed memory.

Yes, this clip is from that film, which was a re-make of Hitch's own earlier b/w film of the same title. 'Expert' opinion is that this remake is inferior to the original. I don't agree - it has some magnificent set-pieces - though maybe I'm also swayed by the female lead, of whom I've always been rather starry-eyed anyway - and all she's done for animals boosts my regard for her enormously. (She must be approaching 100 by now, surely?)

July 3, 2016 at 12:49 AM  
Blogger anne marie in philly said...

@raybeard - doris is 92 and is still involved with animal rights.

July 3, 2016 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

A.M. Thanks. Could have looked it up meself but couldn't be bothered.

July 3, 2016 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you, Spo for the best wishes.

Thank you, Raybeard. I've seen some scenes, but have never watched it from beginning to end. One of these days I will have to make a point of sitting down when it is on and stay through it.

July 3, 2016 at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home