arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Sunday Morning Post, Vol.3, #23 – Cat In the Carrier

 

This week I am trying to get one of my cats to the vets for an issue.   Oreo has not had a bowel movement in what I estimate to be a week.  She still has her appetite and a feisty attitude, but just can’t push anything out her anus.  Otherwise, she is not in any obvious distress over the situation.

She has had this issue in the past and her visiting veterinarian has had us give her laxatives. The powder laxative sprinkled on her wet food twice a day has been working up until now.   I have an appointment for the vet to make a house call,  but the soonest she can come is this coming Wednesday.

My brother and his son visited this weekend and they were able to get a very much protesting Oreo into her carrier this morning.  My plan today is to take her to a local vet hospital that is open 24/7.  I called them a few hours ago and the customer aide told me that the wait time is currently 10 hours!   Ten hours,  and Sunday is usually their slow day,  or so I was told yesterday.

I will call them again in a few minutes for an update.  In the meantime Oreo is keeping quiet in her cat carrier.   If the wait time has not decreased yet I will have to let her out and let her go back to her room in the baseent.  If it comes to that I could try again tomorrow.  I mean, Monday should also be a slow day when theoretically everyone with sick pets today will be back at work, or otherwise occupied with their livelihood.   Am I right? 

In other notes I am still receiving wonderful notes from friends, and I want to acknowledge them before too much longer.

Deedles,  thank you for the e-card.  Your words of encouragement are very much appreciated.

Travel,  thank you for the “old-fashioned” letter I received in the mail.  I will write back soon.

(Thank you for reading.  And that’s all I wrote!)

12 Comments:

Blogger Deedles said...

Hugs to you and Oreo. I hope everything comes out okay, so to speak.

July 11, 2021 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Poor Oreo! At least she doesn't seem to be in any obvious distress, as you say. HRH was always a little bastard to get into the cat carrier too. I still have the scars to show for it.

July 11, 2021 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Thinking good thoughts for Oreo, I know how you are bout the cats ... just like Carlos and me.

July 11, 2021 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Fearsome Beard said...

Todd, great talking today I appreciate getting caught up. I hope you can get Oreo into the vet soon as know what that’s like having a sick furkid. Never hesitate to let me know if you need anything.

July 11, 2021 at 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Old Lurker said...

It sounds as if the vet office was stoppered up too. Do you suppose they make a treatment for that?

July 11, 2021 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger James Dwight Williamson said...

Very sorry , as you don’t know me that your cat has troubles. Fearsome Beard gave us an update on you at JMG and I thought I’d Check in .
I loved Anne Marie from afar as many did, You have all my best wishes and hopes and dreams for happiness. Be well and take care of yourself.

July 11, 2021 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

Happy Monday Morning! My Mom had a cat that was suffer through constipation like Oreo. She used some sort kitty laxative the Vet gave her. Hope things work out well!

July 12, 2021 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

And hugs to you too, Deedles.

Hi Debra. The vet might have to take Oreo for a few days for a treatment.

Thank you Bob, for your good thoughts.

Thank you Fearsome. Hope all is going well with your furkids.

Hi Old Lurker. I doubt that they would have any treatment for a constipated vet office.

Thank you James for checking in. Come back soon.

Hi Dave R. Oreo might need something stronger now that I think about it.

July 12, 2021 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger uptonking said...

Hope all goes well with Oreo. I've never had a cat with such a problem. Wishing you both the very best. Take care.

July 12, 2021 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger JM said...

When I put my kitty into a crate, her whining breaks my heart. She absolutely hates it.

I hope the vet can discern what is wrong with Oreo, without much ado.

July 14, 2021 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

There is nothing so worrisome as as sick pet.
I hope by now things are better.

July 14, 2021 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Travel said...

Thanks, I am a ways behind in reading your blog.

July 21, 2021 at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home