arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

For Jay in VA



Our blogger circle of friends lost a good friend today (the third this year). He was large (literally) and gregarious. Definitely the life of every party whenever he entered a room. He could be loud, but it was a wonderful loud as in “Isn’t life great?” loud!

Oh well…can’t find many more words to say. Can’t condemn the way he chose to live and die. He did like the rest of us wish we could live…on our own terms. Many of us won’t get that opportunity to choose. 
 
For those of us who knew him, we’ll have to live with the idea that no matter what we could have done to help him, we would have failed in the end anyway. And that thought is going to hurt for a long time.

And we’ll all find our own ways to overcome that hurt because, as Jay showed us, life can be great!

Only those of us who knew him or were privileged to have him leave a message on our blogs will understand the significance of my final word for Jay in VA:

                                                Peace

10 Comments:

Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

WOW. I had no idea. While I never met him, I did check his many blogs out, and I can see where he would be the life of the party! I had no idea. My thoughts are with you and the Warrior Queen on the loss of your dear friend.

September 2, 2015 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger slugmama said...

Rest in PEACE Jay! I still can't fathom it.....

September 3, 2015 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger Raybeard said...

Just seen Dr Spo's blog on this same subject. So heart-breakingly sad. Commiserations to all those who were privileged to have had him as part of their lives - not least yourself and Anne-Marie.

September 3, 2015 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Travel said...

Sad, very sad. I always worry that society could have done more to have a different outcome. How can we help someone recognize the options. As Dr Spo put, it permanent solution to a temporary problem.

September 4, 2015 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you all for the condolences. Our lives will continue and the best we can do is apply the lessons learned from Jay's life and help those that are still with us. Again, PEACE.

September 6, 2015 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I am going through my K-Ross stages

September 6, 2015 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Spo for your comment. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know that the stages had a name. Or more likely I did learn it years ago in graduate school and did not commit the concept to my long term memory. Of course Warrior Queen chimed in with,"Well, I could've told you what K-Ross is." And she was rather smug about it too. Best of luck to you and all of us getting through this emotional dump.

September 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Fearsome Beard said...

My thoughts are with you as well. I read many a comment he left on blogs in this circle of blog land, they will be missed.

September 7, 2015 at 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Well Written !

September 9, 2015 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you for your thoughts, gentlemen.

September 16, 2015 at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home