arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Forever Autumn

This is a special mid-week entry to mark the change of our season.  I have marked this change by posting this video in past years,  but this year the season seems more appropriate with my mood.  It is, in my humble opinion, one of the most hauntingly beautiful recordings made in the rock era.

In the past the lyrics have been melancholy to me.  This year they will be cathartic.

Honestly, I can't remember if autumn was Anne Marie's favorite time of year or not.  Her love, or perhaps obsession, with loud,vibrant colors in her knitting projects would certainly make me think that autumn was the season to end all other seasons for her.  The others wouldn't matter. 

Yes, this will be helpful to me.  I hope it can do the same for everyone who knew her.

(Thank you for reading and listening.)
 

9 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

I'm not familiar with this song or Justin Hayward. But this is nice.

September 22, 2021 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

The arrival of Autumn is met with the bringing out of the scarf Anne Marie made for me,. Wearing it this year will hold even more meaning for me.

September 22, 2021 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

I think your right Todd. I do believe on one of the three hour lunches, I seem to recall her saying she like Autumn best. Every year I wear her pride scarf she made me.

I myself like summer, the long days. But once I resign to Autumn, it's a nice relief.

September 22, 2021 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

The perfect song for this Autumn Equinox, alas.

September 22, 2021 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger uptonking said...

Adore this song... so much. I remember when it came out (long before I did.) It was part of that War of the Worlds album that came out with various rock stars singing various things. Came out the same time that All This And World War II did... when everybody from Helen Reddy to the Bee Gees to Tina Turner took a stab at singing Beatles songs. Thanks for sharing. Bittersweet.

September 22, 2021 at 4:28 PM  
Blogger Travel said...

Being remembered is immortality
Take care,

September 22, 2021 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger James Dwight Williamson said...

`Any remembrance is a tribute to the love you had for the person. She was very lovable and the song has extra poignance this year. Sad for you, But chin up there are many who love you and are rooting for you.

September 23, 2021 at 1:32 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Jimmy. It is a song to keep in mind all year.

Good for you, Bob. I'm grateful that you have a personal reminder of her love for all of us.

Thank you, Maddie, for your memory. These are so much more precious now than ever before.

Hi Debra. Yes, I couldn't think of a more beautiful tribute for her.

Hi Upton. Of the two I'll take War of The Worlds. All This and World War II? Ugh!

Thank you, Travel. I will take care. Please do the same and stay safe.

Thank you, James. I feel a lot of support now with these comments on my tributes.

September 23, 2021 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

we will make her favorite

September 23, 2021 at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home