arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Saturday Morning Post, Vol. 3, #33 - The Poomf Explained

 I have a full weekend planned.  My brother will be down to help out with a few projects.  Then, on Sunday,  I will be meeting up with the other officers of our AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders) for a luncheon at a nearby sports bar and grill.  I anticipate that we will have to wear masks while indoors and show proof of immunization.  It will be nice to see these ladies again; I am the only current officer who is a male.  We have had monthly Zoom meetings, but we have not seen each other face to face in over a year.

So, this will be a short post, but one that will clear up the mystery of The Poomf.

I'm sure many couples develop their own private ways of communications over time.  A certain facial expression from one partner to the other should tip off the second partner of how to proceed with whatever is being discussed.  The "look" could mean anything from  "I totally agree with you on your point," to "Choose your next words carefully.  They may be the last words you ever speak in this lifetime!"   

In my marriage to Warrior Queen she came up with a playful way to get a certain point of view across.  She would stand behind me,  draw her knee up sharply into my buttocks and say, "Poomf!"  I don't know where she learned to do this or what inspired her to do this, but it would happen to me a number of times during the first years we were living together.  All I know is I would do or say something to merit me getting a "good poomfing."  An authentic, but gentle kick in the pants.  No rubbish.

Her action would be playful.  There was never any pain or hurting involved.

Some may think that this was abuse, but I played along and did not (to my recollection) retaliate more violently.  I am old-fashioned;  I would never strike a woman.  I will admit that sometimes some members of the gender deserve a good and proper spanking, say at the hands of a professional like John Wayne.  Besides sometimes I would got the opportunity to poomf Warrior Queen.

If this admission gets me banned from consideration for hosting "Jeopardy,"  then so be it!

So, that's the story of the Poomf.  Sorry, I don't have any diagrams to illustrate it, but I think people will get the idea from my description.

Some week soon I will do something on this blog* that WQ will undoubtedly poomf me for doing. It is a punishment I am willing to accept.  I dearly miss that attention....

*I.E. Posting more Abba videos! 

(Thank you for reading and Poomf on!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

POOMF -- great word, great concept! Enjoy your weekend!

September 18, 2021 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

After the last offering of the fabulous happy inducing ABBA...Im surprised you were able to walk from that poomfing. You know somewhere she was appalled we were dancing.....

September 18, 2021 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

I may have to introduce the Poomf into my marriage.

September 18, 2021 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I'll take POOMF for $400, Todd.




September 18, 2021 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger uptonking said...

It's the little things that pass between couples that remain intrinsically theirs which define them. Thanks for sharing one of yours. So intimate in nature... but fully relatable.

September 19, 2021 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Travel said...

How sweet!

September 19, 2021 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

what a lovely story. No rubbish indeed !

September 19, 2021 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

I hope you also had a good, safe weekend, Debra.

Yes, Mistress, no doubt she was appalled.

Go for it, Bob!

Okay, Jimmy, but I don't know if they are worth that much.

Thank you Upton. It is the tiny moments which stay in our memory.

Thank you, Travel.

It was good to talk to you yesterday, Spo. Thank you for the chat.

September 20, 2021 at 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home