arteejee

A site of satirical musings, commentary and/or rhetorical criticism of the world at large.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, October 02, 2021

Saturday Night Post, Vol. 3, #34: And The Secret Word Is....

I have no particular thoughts this week.  I can't think of anything to commit to the blogosphere.  I am also in one of my  "No-Hurry-To-Be-Anywhere Moods".

These have been happening a lot lately, but we will soldier on.

As it happens today is the 131st anniversary of the birth of Julius Henry Marx, or Groucho to the rest of us.  I cannot escape the day without a small tribute who made me (and so many others)
laugh so much over the years.

My tribute is not your typical Groucho Marx encounter:  it is in total silence.  No rapid fire puns or insults.  Just blissful silence.

Sometimes silence says more than every word that mankind has ever published. 

 
 
(Thank you for reading and laughing!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love Groucho! A true American comedy genius whose work is just as funny today as it ever was!

October 2, 2021 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Mistress Maddie said...

One of my all time favorite Groucho clips!

October 2, 2021 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger Dave R said...

Thanks, I remember that well!

October 3, 2021 at 1:17 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

A Classic! I hope you have a good week.

October 3, 2021 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

That mirror bit is epic!

October 3, 2021 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger uptonking said...

Love the brothers! There was a cute musical featuring them in the late 1970's on Broadway - not the actual them, but representations... I can't remember the name of it... I have to go look it up. This triggered that memory. It didn't run long, but I remember everyone, at the time, was very excited about it. Funny how one can vaguely remember something... hope all is well. Take care, dear one!

October 4, 2021 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger todd gunther said...

Thank you Debra. His humor is certainly timeless.

Hi Maddie, it's one of my favorites too; and very atypical Groucho.

Hi Dave R. I hope it brought back a good memory.

Thank you Jimmy. It will be a challenge with the forecasted humidity today and tomorrow...but I will survive.

Hi Bob. It certainly is one of the great moments of American film comedy.

Hi Upton. I recall one musical about their lives, Miniie's Boys. There was also "A Day In Hollywood, A Night in The Ukraine." Could you be thinking of one of these productions?

October 4, 2021 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Travel said...

Well, I don't think I had ever seen that, another sign of a misspent youth.

October 4, 2021 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I remember wanting a national day of mourning when Groucho died
I consider him one of the most comical men of the 20th century

October 4, 2021 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home